PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → WB11-Treeview error ??
WB11-Treeview error ??
Started by Jim Carson, Mar., 03 2008 11:13 PM - 8 replies
Posted on March, 03 2008 - 11:13 PM
I am trying to put logic into a TREEVIEW server click section and get the following error:

The 'TVCLIC_SUBMIT' command does not have the right parameters.

(009, ERR_BAD_PARAMETER)

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Posted on March, 04 2008 - 7:51 AM
Hi Jim...

This message sounds like a browser side error... Is it? When does it happen? What is the code creating the error?

Fabrice

>I am trying to put logic into a TREEVIEW server click section and get the following error:

The 'TVCLIC_SUBMIT' command does not have the right parameters.

>(009, ERR_BAD_PARAMETER)

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Posted on March, 04 2008 - 9:36 AM
Hey Fabrice,

I get the message when trying to put ANY code in the SERVER section. If I put it in the BROWSER section, an error w/no details is shown on the status bar.

Code I am trying to use: (and have tried other code with the same error)

ii is string

ii = ExtractString(TreeSelect(Tree_TreeView1),1,TAB,FromEnd)

The code I put in the Init section of the TreeView works ok.

Thanks for your input.

>Hi Jim...

This message sounds like a browser side error... Is it? When does it happen? What is the code creating the error?

>Fabrice

I am trying to put logic into a TREEVIEW server click section and get the following error:

>> The 'TVCLIC_SUBMIT' command does not have the right parameters.

(009, ERR_BAD_PARAMETER)

>> Does anyone know how to fix this?
Posted on March, 04 2008 - 4:07 PM
>Hey Fabrice,

funny thing is that the tutorial included with WD11 called "Pages and Controls", shows the use of a treeview and has code in the server click area. Works with no problem. Not sure what is missing in my project.

also, the documentation says that you can add other processes, like mouse-over, etc. yet in both projects, this is not available?

Thanks again,

Jim
Posted on March, 04 2008 - 4:34 PM
Hello Jim...

I never said that you couldn't do this or that... I just asked for precisions on what you did, where and what your code is, in order to be able to help, that's all... In Webdev, it's extremely important to have all these pieces of information, as sometimes it's a little details that creates the problem

best regards

Fabrice

>>Hey Fabrice,

funny thing is that the tutorial included with WD11 called "Pages and Controls", shows the use of a treeview and has code in the server click area. Works with no problem. Not sure what is missing in my project.

>also, the documentation says that you can add other processes, like mouse-over, etc. yet in both projects, this is not available?

Thanks again,

>Jim
Posted on March, 04 2008 - 5:25 PM
Hello Jim...

What I would do in that case (ie with the code you copied here) would be to separate it in two:

ii is string

ii= TreeSelect(Tree_TreeView1)

ii = ExtractString(ii,1,TAB,FromEnd)

Then use the debugger to see exactly which instruction is creating the problem, and what are the value of each parameter...

Being in the browser side code, it should be easy enough...

best regards

Fabrice

>Hello Jim...

I never said that you couldn't do this or that... I just asked for precisions on what you did, where and what your code is, in order to be able to help, that's all... In Webdev, it's extremely important to have all these pieces of information, as sometimes it's a little details that creates the problem

>best regards

Fabrice

>

Hey Fabrice,

>>funny thing is that the tutorial included with WD11 called "Pages and Controls", shows the use of a treeview and has code in the server click area. Works with no problem. Not sure what is missing in my project.

also, the documentation says that you can add other processes, like mouse-over, etc. yet in both projects, this is not available?

>>Thanks again,

Jim
Posted on March, 06 2008 - 6:41 PM
Hi Fabrice,

The error happens before I get to the debugger. FYI.. Before I click on the TreeView, but MouseOver the control, the status line displays "JavaScript:_TVCSMB_A2();". Do you know how I can find or in what javascript file this might be found in?

Jim

>Hello Jim...

What I would do in that case (ie with the code you copied here) would be to separate it in two:

>ii is string

>ii = ExtractString(ii,1,TAB,FromEnd)

Then use the debugger to see exactly which instruction is creating the problem, and what are the value of each parameter...

>Being in the browser side code, it should be easy enough...

best regards

>Fabrice

Hello Jim...

>>I never said that you couldn't do this or that... I just asked for precisions on what you did, where and what your code is, in order to be able to help, that's all... In Webdev, it's extremely important to have all these pieces of information, as sometimes it's a little details that creates the problem

best regards

>>Fabrice

>>>>Hey Fabrice,

>>>also, the documentation says that you can add other processes, like mouse-over, etc. yet in both projects, this is not available?

Thanks again,

>>>Jim
Posted on March, 06 2008 - 8:30 PM
Hi Jim...

If the error happens before the debugger opens, it means it's a browser
side error... Otherwise a breakpoint on the first line of the server
code should allow you to go step by step...

All the js code that is managing the advanced controls on the browser
side is in the .js files in the web site directory (or \res)

Regards

Fabrice

Jim Carson wrote:
Hi Fabrice,

The error happens before I get to the debugger. FYI.. Before I click on the TreeView, but MouseOver the control, the status line displays "JavaScript:_TVCSMB_A2();". Do you know how I can find or in what javascript file this might be found in?

Jim

Hello Jim...

ii is string

ii = ExtractString(ii,1,TAB,FromEnd)

Being in the browser side code, it should be easy enough...

best regards

Fabrice

Hello Jim...

best regards

Fabrice

Hey Fabrice,

Thanks again,

Jim

Registered member
3,651 messages
Popularité : +175 (223 votes)
Posted on January, 10 2017 - 6:35 PM
HI,

The solution is simple, just select this option:

Error

Solution

[x] Popup <------------------------- OK

Translation of popup messages:

http://forum.pcsoft.fr/fr-FR/pcsoft.br.windev/2030-traducao-das-mensagens-webdev/read.awp

http://forum.pcsoft.fr/fr-FR/pcsoft.br.windev/2030-traducao-das-mensagens-webdev/read.awp

--
Adriano José Boller
adrianoboller@gmail.com
http://wxinformatica.com.br/
Message modified, January, 10 2017 - 6:36 PM