PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WEBDEV 2024 → Issues synchronizing analysis with external SQL express db
Issues synchronizing analysis with external SQL express db
Iniciado por Sam B, 08,may. 2015 00:00 - 1 respuesta
Publicado el 08,mayo 2015 - 00:00
I am working on a WebDev 19 application that I did not create originally but that needs to be updated to separate out a single field into two distinct fields. These fields are part of a form that writes data back to the database. I'm not sure that this is the correct process for adding new fields between the db and application, but here's what I did: to begin, I added the two new columns to the database (SQL Express 2014, connected to via native SQL server access). Then, in the analysis tab in WebDev, I selected Synchronization -> "Update the analysis from the external databases".

From here it seems like one or two things happen. The first is that the application will almost always crash. In the one instance that it didn't crash, I received an "out of memory" error. In every other instance, the application quits.

When I start the application back up, it appears to have made the changes I made in the database, however it also drastically changes other aspects of the analysis for that particular table. This includes adding a number of new entries that all contain "missing_index" as well as about a dozen new fields that I have no knowledge of. Testing the application at this point results in failed queries when trying to save the data, where before the form works properly and saves data correctly.

Is there an easier way of adding new keys to a database table (and consequently the analysis)? How can I avoid the application crashing, or at least minimize what is changed in the analysis to only add the two new fields? I can provide more information upon request. Thanks in advance.
Publicado el 11,mayo 2015 - 23:37
Just to answer my own question, this turned out to be far simpler than I thought. I simply made the necessary additions on the SQL side, added corresponding code to the WebDev side and regenerated the analysis. For anyone with a similar question or issue I recommend not using the synchronization utilities in this case.