PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WEBDEV 2024 → HFSQL 19 OLEDB with Access
HFSQL 19 OLEDB with Access
Iniciado por Tom Reimer, 25,jun. 2015 16:18 - No hay respuesta
Publicado el 25,junio 2015 - 16:18
We have an old Access 2002 CRM application what needs to communicate with encrypted HFSQL tables from a new WebDev application.

Prior to encrypting the HFSQL files, I was able to successfully link them to the Access 2002 MDB using the HFSQL ODBC driver and using the GUI window that pops up to specify the fields that make up the Primary Key. But, since I do not see that the ODBC driver allows for the table passwords to be entered, I began looking at attaching the HFSQL tables using the 32-bit OLEDB driver instead of ODBC. I believe I have the correct OLEDB connection string. But each time I run the code to create the linked tables, I get a "Could not find installable ISAM" error. Here is the VBA code that I am running to create the link:

Dim cat As Object 'ADOX.Catalog
Dim tbl As Object 'ADOX.Table

If tbl Is Nothing Then
Set tbl = CreateObject("ADOX.Table")
End If
tbl.Name = thetablename
Set tbl.ParentCatalog = cat

tbl.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Create Link") = True
'tbl.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Link Provider String") = "Provider=PCSOFT.HFSQL;Data Source=valid.servername.com;User ID=dbAdminUserID;Password=dbAdminPW;Initial Catalog=HFSQLDBName;"
tbl.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Link Provider String") = "Provider=PCSoft.HFSQL;Initial Catalog=HFSQLDBName;User ID=dbAdminUserID;Password=dbAdminPW;Data Source=valid.servername.com:4900;Extended Properties=""Language=ISO-8859-1;Password=*HFSQLFilePW;"""
tbl.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Remote Table Name") = theHFSQLFilename
cat.Tables.Append tbl
Set tbl = Nothing

1) Since I have confirmed that the 32-bit HFSQL OLEDB driver is installed, what is causing the "Could not find installable ISAM" error?
2) How do I programmatically specify the fields for each table that make up the Primary Key? Do they need to be included in the Extended Properties? If yes, what is the syntax?

Thanks,
Tom