PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Anyone looked at Alpha Anywhere
Anyone looked at Alpha Anywhere
Débuté par SolutionJ-Reg, 16 avr. 2014 10:07 - 8 réponses
Posté le 16 avril 2014 - 10:07
Morning all,

I'm considering moving into web/mobile development, but I can't say I'm sure that PCSOFT is the way to go. I've been looking briefly at Alpha Anywhere, which on the face of it seems interesting. Has anyone else seen or heard of this?

Cheers
Reg
Posté le 16 avril 2014 - 10:21
Hi,

Just had a quick look, it's got some good features, but I must say the Mobile side does seem quite primitive compared to Windev Mobile.

Regards

Peter
Posté le 16 avril 2014 - 11:59
Hi Reg

Every now and then I look at different development IDE to seen if there is maybe someting out there that is even better as wx.
But till now I havenot found anything like it . I've looked at alpha too. At first hand it looks great . But if you do some investication then you run back to wx. It is the wlanguage that is the big plus.

That is if you donnot want to lurn javascript etc. as I do.

I donnot yet use mobile but Iam confident windev mobnile is the way to go for me. But that is me. I want to use it for business apps not games.

But there are some other cool programs to. I have to say alpha is not one of them. You might take a look at corona. Verry powerfull and has a language that has a nice sintax.
Then there is livecode nice tool as well. With it'sown high level language.

For me it is important to have a language that has power and ie easy and understandeble. For if you want to make quite complicated scipts then they are still manintaneble.

regards

Allard
Posté le 16 avril 2014 - 17:26
Thanks for the responses guys, very interesting...
Posté le 18 avril 2014 - 17:50
I was surprised to see the comment re mobile and Alpha Anywhere.

The product has very modern mobile capabilities - check out this video http://player.vimeo.com/video/69909140…

Also - there is a new release with a lot of sophisticated mobile capabilities include phonegap build integration
http://alphasoftware.com/alpha-anywhere-2-press-release.asp

Regards
Richard
Posté le 18 avril 2014 - 18:12
I have been developing software for over 20 years. I can tell you first hand that Alpha Anywhere is by far and away the most flexible and accommodating front-to-back platform I have ever used. It is not just a prototyping platform. It is a very scalable and stable infrastructure that I use on an international level. The security is top notch. The ability to choose which database you run on is a powerful concept. If you don't know JavaScript there is nothing to worry about with Alpha. It has a lot of Action built JavaScript within it that is built in a manner that is easy to read and learn JavaScript from. However, you can drop down into hand coding very easily if you wish.

It is also a one-stop platform where you can build desktop, web-desktop, mobile, web-mobile applications in one IDE interface.

Also, the integration with PhoneGap makes it a built once and deploy many platform if you decide to go mobile. You can go directly to Android, iOS, or Windows mobile with just a few clicks.

Finally, there is an incredible amount of support for this platform. The message board is very active and there are some superior training opportunities available both in classroom and remote online one-on-one.

www.alphasoftware.com (for software)
www.twinpeaksresearchllc.com (for training)

I use Alpha every day as my development platform. I am happy to answer any questions you might have. Just email me.
Posté le 18 avril 2014 - 18:16
I have been developing software for over 20 years. I can tell you first hand that Alpha Anywhere is by far and away the most flexible and accommodating front-to-back platform I have ever used. It is not just a prototyping platform. It is a very scalable and stable infrastructure that I use on an international level. The security is top notch. The ability to choose which database you run on is a powerful concept. If you don't know JavaScript there is nothing to worry about with Alpha. It has a lot of Action built JavaScript within it that is built in a manner that is easy to read and learn JavaScript from. However, you can drop down into hand coding very easily if you wish.

It is also a one-stop platform where you can build desktop, web-desktop, mobile, web-mobile applications in one IDE interface.

Also, the integration with PhoneGap makes it a built once and deploy many platform if you decide to go mobile. You can go directly to Android, iOS, or Windows mobile with just a few clicks.

Finally, there is an incredible amount of support for this platform. The message board is very active and there are some superior training opportunities available both in classroom and remote online one-on-one.

I use Alpha every day as my development platform. I am happy to answer any questions you might have. Just email me.
Posté le 18 avril 2014 - 18:19

Posté le 29 décembre 2014 - 23:21
UPDATE

Alpha Anywhere 3.0 is now shipping and it includes the ability to build robust offline capable mobile apps very rapidly

Infoworld just gave it their highest ratings of complete mobile dev platforms - more info at www.alphasoftware.com