PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Report brake header issue
Report brake header issue
Débuté par Rasta, 21 juil. 2014 18:19 - 4 réponses
Posté le 21 juillet 2014 - 18:19
Hello WD Gurus,

I have a report named "Customer Balance". The report is divided in Header(where customer info is displayed) and Line items(where his line items are displayed). Also the Header is located in BREAK_HEADER. How do I keep Header only on the first page, but remove it from other pages if the customer has more than one page. Report is done by programming.

Kind Regards,
Rasta
Posté le 21 juillet 2014 - 20:10
Hi

from the top of my head, I would say that you have to go in the page header properties and check the checkbox (or unchek it, I can't remember)

Best regards
Posté le 22 juillet 2014 - 14:00
Hi,

So you have a break header where you put your header information ? I donnot get what you mean. The break header is used to make a view of all items of a specific item. And gives you the ability to put totals etc under this view

Like all hours worked by one employee. So for every employee the same view is created. I donnot get what you mean by showing only on the first page ?

But you can display the header onley once :

Go to the page header blok .
Go the the blok discription
In the discription go to the Gui tab. You can select "visible on first page onley"

regards

Allard
Posté le 23 juillet 2014 - 19:21
Greetings,

Ok, let me try to explain it through this example:
Lets say we want to print a report to display all paid and unpaid invoices by a customers. Instead of choosing specific customer from a query, I want to print reports for 100 different customers at the same time. The reports two main parts are like I said before „Header“ ( upper part of a report, where it displays customer information, like name, address, number etc..) and the „Line Item“ (a table, where it displays all the paid and unpaid invoices of that customer). If I put „Header“ info in the PAGE HEADER section and make it visible only on the first page in GUI tab, then only for the first customer „Header“ is displayed. For others it does not display it. Thats why I had to put it in BREAK HEADER so it will display „Header“ info for next customer. I have managed to make it work with this but the problem now I have is that if a certain customer has a lot of line items and his report is 2-3 pages long, then it copies „Header“ info on every page, instead of showing only „Line Items“ on 2nd and 3rd page.
Line items are filled from a query as data source, report is defined by programming.

Its a complicated situation to explain, but I hope that with this example I made it clearer and that You can understand what I wanted to say ?

Kind Regards,
Rasta
Posté le 25 juillet 2014 - 12:12
Hi Rasta,

You can make the Break Header invisible by code in the "After printing" code section of the block.
Then in the Break footer code you can make it visible again.

Regards,
Piet