PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Handleis in an invalid state
Handleis in an invalid state
Débuté par W. Eeken, 21 aoû. 2014 16:45 - 4 réponses
Posté le 21 août 2014 - 16:45
I reinstalled windev 12 in Windows 7 after having used it in Windows?XP without any problem.
After the reinstallation I get the subject message and Windev ceashes.

Reading the forum I was directed to a PCSoft screen on which a number of links for different versions of WinDev that would solve the problem. However when a click a link the system tries to connect to the server ftp.pcsoft.fr. After a while I get the messafe: "The connection has timed out. The server at ftp.pcsoft.fr has taken too long to respond."

I wanted to report this to Free Technical Support. Then you have to download a special form to report the problem. But trying to download this, I again get the same message as mentioned above.

What can I do to solve this
Posté le 21 août 2014 - 18:37
Hi,

- I assume that your Win7 is 64 bit. WinDev 12 isn't really good with 64 bit. 32 bit is much better to use
- do you have the latest version of WinDev 12 ? It's 56c

Keep in mind that only the latest versions are supported by Tech Support!

Downloads from <a class="ExternalLink" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="ftp://ftp.pcsoft.com/"></a> should work. If not then it seems to be your web connection ..
Posté le 21 août 2014 - 19:28
Hi

I just tried ftp.pcsoft.fr and it worked fine for me...

Do you have a firewall blocking FTP? or maybe the server was just down... or maybe there was more to the url than just ftp.pcsoft.fr...

Best regards
Posté le 21 août 2014 - 19:40
Port 21 (FTP) could be blocked in your network. Try another internet connection (or ask IT to allow FTP). If that does not work for you please let use know.
Posté le 23 août 2014 - 20:04
Thank you all for the answers.
The solution was a reset of my modem.
After that I could connect to the ftp server for the download.

W. Eeken