PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Annotate an Image and save it in WM17
Annotate an Image and save it in WM17
Débuté par Yogi Yang, 30 sep. 2014 06:19 - 5 réponses
Posté le 30 septembre 2014 - 06:19
How to Allow a user to either select a picture/photo from mobile storage or snap a photo and then annotate it with text and then save the image with annotation to a JPEG file?

I have found as to how to allow a user to select or click a photo from Mobile but I am not able to find any way to annotate and save the same to a .jpg file.

TIA

Yogi Yang
Posté le 30 septembre 2014 - 09:22
Hi Yogi,

Normally this done on the EXIF information within the image.
See <a class="ExternalLink" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://doc.windev.com/en-US/?3091004&name=Exif_functions">http://doc.windev.com/en-US/&hellip;</a>
However, it seems these functions are not available in WM so check for an external or native library (xcode/android/java) to get this done.

Cheers,

P.
Posté le 30 septembre 2014 - 11:49
Yogi,
you can use the drawing functions like dLine() to modify the image in an imagecontrol.
Posté le 01 octobre 2014 - 12:59
Thanks Peter and Arie.

As per my limited understanding Exif can only store textual info while I need to actually modify the photo in question and allow user to save it to a new file.

If would be a night mare to use Drawing functions when we need to stamp Text on a photo in user chosen color.

If this were a Desktop app I would have used the superb ImageEn lib to achieve what I am talking of but in case of Mobile app I have not seen any library that gives us such features of Annotation.

TIA

Yogi Yang
Posté le 01 octobre 2014 - 13:41
Hi Yogi,

If you only need to put text on the picture, you can use the dText function

Regards,
Bart
Posté le 01 octobre 2014 - 14:53
Actually it is not just Text.

There are a lot more features then this for example allow user to draw Arrows, Ballons for annotation, etc. All all these should be selectable, moveable and resizeable until the photo is saved.

TIA

Yogi Yang