PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WD18] Open then Close a message window
[WD18] Open then Close a message window
Débuté par John Marrone Jr, 21 oct. 2014 17:24 - 5 réponses
Posté le 21 octobre 2014 - 17:24
Hi

Is there a message window that I can open then close the window. I don't want to have the user click on a button to close the window or a timer involved. I want to tell the user what I am doing then when the process is done close the window with code. Info, Error doesn't fit the bill. I have looked through the help file but I guess I used the wrong search wording but I can not fine anything but I know WD has to have that. Thanks for your time and any help I may get.
Posté le 21 octobre 2014 - 18:22
Just create one windows with a progress bar control, static control or wathever you need and use openchild to put it on top of your main windows.

To change the content of the child windows controls use window_name.control_name
Posté le 21 octobre 2014 - 19:49
Hi John,

it looks like you are looking for the TOASTxxx functions

best regards
Posté le 21 octobre 2014 - 20:22
Hi John,

For that I use 'toastdisplay', with a blue background when I just want to inform a user, a red background when I want to inform him he cannot do something.

Nice of 'toastdisplay' that a user can work although the 'toastdisplay' is shown.

ToastDeleteAll()
ToastDisplay(CR+CR+sToastTekst+CR+CR,toastShort,vaMiddle,haCenter,DarkBlue)

Tip: use 'toastdeleteall' first to prevent a certain action will cause a row of 'toasts'.

Alternative: you can use a modal form with a timed close-button. However, that stops the user or forces him to click that close-button.

Hope this helps,
With kind regards
Rudolf van Roosmalen
Posté le 26 octobre 2014 - 15:27
Thanks Paulo and Fabrice

Went the Toast way. Sorry I was so late getting back to thank you guys, I got side tracked. But thanks again. Toast was just what I was looking for.
Posté le 26 octobre 2014 - 20:26
Fabrice Harari

Hi John,

it looks like you are looking for the TOASTxxx functions

best regards

Thanks for this, I wasn't aware of these. Works very well.