PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Slow Windev on new fast laptop
Slow Windev on new fast laptop
Débuté par Peter Adema, 05 nov. 2014 13:28 - 5 réponses
Posté le 05 novembre 2014 - 13:28
When I am creating code in Windev, every step I can see the Windows hourglass for one second.
This slows down the programming.
I have a 64 bit I7 HP laptop running on Windows 7.

Before I had a 32 bit I3 laptop running on Windows XP.

I have made the exact same installation on the new laptop, but the response of Windev is much slower.

Could someone tell me what to do?
I am working with Windev 17 module version 17.0.170.3
Posté le 05 novembre 2014 - 14:31
Hi Peter

it may be that the anti-virus on your new machine is scanning everything
that windev does, while on the old machine, windev directories were
excluded from the scan

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

NEW: WXReplication, your open source replication system is available on
my web site!!!
WXShowroom.com: Show your projects!
More information on http://www.fabriceharari.com

On 11/5/2014 6:28 AM, Peter Adema wrote:
When I am creating code in Windev, every step I can see the Windows
hourglass for one second.
This slows down the programming.
I have a 64 bit I7 HP laptop running on Windows 7.

Before I had a 32 bit I3 laptop running on Windows XP.

I have made the exact same installation on the new laptop, but the
response of Windev is much slower.

Could someone tell me what to do?
I am working with Windev 17 module version 17.0.170.3
Posté le 05 novembre 2014 - 16:32
Thanks Fabrice for your suggestion, but that did not changed anything...
Posté le 17 novembre 2014 - 21:56
Were you able to find a solution? I've seen WinDev run slow on a couple of laptops that ran other IDEs perfectly fine (Visual Studio, Eclipse, and NetBeans). I could never get it to work as quickly as it does on my desktop.

Just curious!
Posté le 26 novembre 2014 - 13:46
Unfortunately it still runs slow.
Another example is that when I hoover on a data file in the analysis screen, the mouse pointer is blinking rapidly from white (standard) to black. just like a heartbeat.
Posté le 27 novembre 2014 - 10:30
With the HP Pavilion G7 (i7 processor, 8GB ram) there are some problems with the ATI/AMD-graphics card (google on that if you want). I have one myself and encounter this kind of behaviour with several programs.

By disabling the card totally and only working with the internal Intel graphics chips a lot of slowiness in a lot of programs disappeared. They all tried to use the ATI/AMD graphics card and then switched back to the internal Intel graphics chips, several times during execution.

Another thing that might help to resolve is right-clicking the shortcut of the WinDev-program (or the executable itself), choose 'Properties', tab 'Compatibility' and check the box 'Disable display scaling on high DPI-settings'.

If that does not work, there is still this trick: use the compatibility tab and choose compatibility 'XP service pack 3' and check the box 'Run this program as an administrator'.

And in case everything fails ... disable UAC totally and reboot (otherwise the change is not totally effective).

With these solutions I have managed to solve all the irritating slow response of several programs (and IDE's), on a HP laptop with i7-processor.

With kind regards
Rudolf