PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WB 18 calculation with params
WB 18 calculation with params
Débuté par Allard, 26 nov. 2014 16:27 - 5 réponses
Posté le 26 novembre 2014 - 16:27
Hi ,

I created a webapplication for an insurance company. It is a backoffice application where all kind of types and promilages can be managed and a frontoffice where customers can calculate what they have to pay.

Customer can ask for an Offer. The management of the offerings etc is all done in the back office as well.

The company where I made it for said that this app could be sold to other insurance companies as well, companies in different regions. Ok so I made a table for companies etc and transfered the application into a saas service where different insurance companies can manage their own stuff.
Different levels with different roles and rights are added all works great.

Ok the problem. To acces the calculation I pass a parameter to the url. Every insurance company has a different url to acces the calculation. Based On the paremeter in the url the calculation knows what it is and where offers have to be sent to etc. This works great in all browsers but not on mobile divices? I donnot know why but the mobile browser somehow doesnot regognize the param in the url .

I Hope you understand what my problem is and hopefully someone has an answer for I donnot know what to do.

Regards

Allard
Posté le 26 novembre 2014 - 20:51
Hi Allard,

I'm not sure I understand your problem. Sorry. Web browsers can play well with parameters in the URL. But where is the problem exactly... is it when browsing on the mobile device on your Web application? Is it a link you try to load in the browser from another application or email, etc? Is it a cookie or security related problem? What is the faulty device and its version?

Best regards,
Alexandre Leclerc
Posté le 27 novembre 2014 - 09:23
Hi Alexandre,

I found that it works if I click on a link to the application ( a link with an added param). Not when entering the url manually. ( adding manually ?P1= 1 if the param is 1 ) Its does not matter mobile or normal browser.
(I had never entered it directly to test, did that with that with the mobile to show someone how it worked )

Ok this is in a sence a good thing. But I donnot get why this is?

Regards

Allard
Posté le 27 novembre 2014 - 15:43
Hi Allard,

There is no reasons for it not to work properly if the URL is "encoded" and written correctly.

The only thing I would see is something in the programming of your page that is not correct, or maybe that your WebService assumes there is a session open (or a cookie set) that is not there and then, bang, it does not work.

We have many AWP pages, for example, that are called with complex parameters from other sites or from URL in emails, etc, and work very well, with or without sessions.

So this is why I'm suggesting it could be something in the code.

Best regards,
Alexandre Leclerc
Posté le 27 novembre 2014 - 17:22
Allard, maybe you give us a test-URL?
Posté le 29 novembre 2014 - 00:42
Hello Alexandre

Thanks for your info. It is an application in php modus. The php modus does indeed generate a session ( does it all for me ) And this is what it uses, even if a second tab is opend. If I close the webbrowser and add the url with param again then it works as ecspected. This is not a bug it should hold on to the session otherwise one could not switch to other pages without passing a param all the time.

I guess this was the case with the mob. phone as well. It had an other page and I tried to enter a new page without properly starting a new browser

So sorry for not propperly testing.

Hello Arie

thanks for trying to help. I feal a bit stupit now I should have know it works this way

regards

Allard