PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WD19]  Debugger has slowed to a crawl
[WD19] Debugger has slowed to a crawl
Débuté par Al, 09 déc. 2014 10:12 - 4 réponses
Posté le 09 décembre 2014 - 10:12
Hello All

I am not sure exactly when it happened but my debugger has been on a go slow for the past week or so.
It takes about 4 seconds between either pressing F7 or clicking the "Step into" arrow before the next line of code is executed.

It is the same for the 32 and 64 bit versions of Windev and I am running the latest version -56s

Rebooting doesn't help and neither does turning of the antivirus (Avast)
The CPU goes from 0 to 5,12,13,11,0 % over the time it takes between first pressing F7 and the next line is ready to execute and I have 20+gb free RAM

Any suggestions ?

Regards
Al
Posté le 17 décembre 2014 - 15:35
Hi Al,

Have you tested this in a different browser. My first guess is there is some communication problem between WB and your browser. If it speeds up in a different browser then I would start disabling plugins for the problem browser until things speed up.

Cheers!
Ken
Posté le 17 décembre 2014 - 21:12
Hello Ken

Thanks for the thought but the problem is in Windev. It is project size related as small projects still debug quickly. With the large project is is getter slower all the time as the project grows.

It can't be lack of hardware, the windows index is 7.8, I have 32gb of Ram with plenty spare and an SSD. I may have hit some internal limit in Windev.

Regards
Al
Posté le 17 décembre 2014 - 21:21
Hi Al,
maybe there is a broken variable or expression in the watch-list of the debugger.
This could also slow down debugging, while WD is trying to evaluate it every step.
Posté le 18 décembre 2014 - 03:07
Hello Arie

I checked that and even clearing them out and just inserting a STOP is just as slow.
Thanks anyway.

Regards
Al