PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WB18] to [WB19] Upgrade Disaster
[WB18] to [WB19] Upgrade Disaster
Débuté par Ericus, 25 mar. 2015 10:11 - 3 réponses
Posté le 25 mars 2015 - 10:11
Hi

I recently upgraded my web server to WB19 as well as my development machine. It did not go well.

My clients complain that their connection is continuously reset after 5 minutes of inactivity.

In my application on the main page template I use the AjaxCallBack procedure promoted by I think Arie, with the UpdateTimeonSite procedure. I have made no changes to this.

On the server the maximum duration of a request is set to 20 minutes and disconnect idle users is also set to 20 minutes.

A second issue is that on all the forms where I have numeric fields set to 'Use mask defined in project' the user cannot enter anything in those fields. It is like they are read-only. So I had do go through all the pages and find all those fields. It is crazy.

Anybody have suggestions on either of the 2 issues please?

Thanks in advance.

Ericus Steyn
Posté le 25 mars 2015 - 11:43
Hi Ericus

about the time out issue

When you upgraded your server to v19, did you also upgrade/change/modify the server itself?
I am asking because it seems that the webdev time out is managed, but you are saying nothing about the web server time-outS (and there are several to set up)
So if it's anew server with a new IIS or APACHE, you should take a look there

Best regards
Posté le 25 mars 2015 - 17:23
Hi

Check below to link to see if it fits you:

<a class="ExternalLink" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://help.windev.com/en-US/?3044359&name=HSetServer">http://help.windev.com/en-US/&hellip;</a>

HTH
Posté le 27 mars 2015 - 01:39
Hi

Fabrice - I did not change anything on the server. Just installed the upgrade.

I never the noticed the setting: Maximum connections for a user on a site. Does it have any impact where all the users are coming through one IP address? It was set to 'A single connection automatically recycled'.

HTH - I am using HFSQL Classic so the HSetServer does not apply.

Regards

Ericus Steyn