PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → New MVP in ver 20
New MVP in ver 20
Débuté par abonds, 28 mar. 2015 00:19 - 6 réponses
Posté le 28 mars 2015 - 00:19
Anybody using the new MVP stuff in 20? Is it ready for prime time or half baked and will be usable in v22?
Posté le 29 mars 2015 - 20:34
Hi Art,

Since it is WD only and most of my apps are moving to hybrid solutions I'm leaving it as is...

I have my own framework out of which any WD-WB project starts and that does something similar.
You can download it from the PCSoft repository here...

An update (specially for the WB part and some small fixes/enhacements) is planned for april.

Since I haven't really looked at the MVC solution of PCSoft apart from the demos I saw during the V20 tour and the TDF recently I can't tell you much about it but probably it is like most stuff from PCS in its first releases half baked...

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers,

Peter H.
Posté le 30 mars 2015 - 12:24
Hi Peter,
I don't think this is a WD only solution ....
According to PC Softs documentation - the only thing MVP RAD does is AUTOMATICALLY create classes (with the data access layers) for the MVP.

Since there is nothing new here (concerning the language or OOP in general) you can copy these classes to a WB app (or WMobile app) and use it.

So if you have WD along with WB, I don't see any reason this will not work .....

Steven Sitas
Posté le 30 mars 2015 - 15:37
Hi,

This automatic crearion of classes from your ananlysis , Hmm new feature. In version 18 this was already possible ??

regards

Allard
Posté le 30 mars 2015 - 17:30
Allard

You are talking about UML??

As I understand it this is a RAD option that creates some sort of OPP class structure + the basic calls in the windows produced.

This is not new as such as up until version 12 (I believe) this was always an available option.

Be interesting to see if this is a rewrite or a re-release - cannot tell yet as it is not part of the v20 beta as far as I can see.
Posté le 30 mars 2015 - 18:04
Hi Art,

The new features are only two functions called RequestUpdateUI() and ExecuteUpdateUI() with the related "Request for refreshing the display" process in windows.

We were doing MVP way before version 20. I tried to use the new features but unfortunately it is not working in our context (using many internal windows, complex class usage and architecture).

We sent to the Free Technical Support a demo application of the problems and maybe this is work by the June release.

The rest of MVP is only good-old OOP techniques that one must know about to use properly. You can do it without version 20. If the features in version 20 did work out for use, it would have simplify a little bit what we already did. But in the end this is not simplifying the complexity because the user events are not live on class validation, which is unfortunate (like if you change an order line quantity, it would be nice that the price be updated right there through the class calculus. But it is not so, you must "patch" these events manually as it is right now. No changes in version 20 on that.)

Best regards,
Alexandre Leclerc
Posté le 03 avril 2015 - 17:47
Thanks to all for the discussion. I'll wait patiently for the final release to see how good it is.