PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Pager Control WB19
Pager Control WB19
Débuté par André Labuschagné, 27 sep. 2015 19:49 - 7 réponses
Posté le 27 septembre 2015 - 19:49
Hi All

This control does not seem to work at all. The number of records presumed to be in the list does not agree to the actual number required for each page. Basically what is happening is next page goes way beyond the records actually for the next page. I need to tell this pager control to include x number of records in the list box and no more.

Hope than makes sense. Any ideas welcome.

Cheers
Andre
Posté le 29 septembre 2015 - 10:18
So no one uses the pager control. Interesting. Not getting any help elsewhere either.

Cheers
Andre
Posté le 29 septembre 2015 - 11:07
Hi André,

I use a pager sometimes on a looper, but I never used it on a list.
On a looper it works fine, so perhaps change your list into a looper that looks like a list.

Regards,
Piet
Posté le 30 septembre 2015 - 19:09
Hi Piet

Thanks - will try that. My only gripe with loopers is that cannot really have a header indicating what is in the column.

I have established that Ajax Tables are the problem. Just does not work period.

Cheers
Andre
Posté le 30 septembre 2015 - 21:24
Hi André,

You were talking about a list, but if I understand correctly you mean Ajax tables?
Ajax tables work fine in dynamic sites, in AWP it's a different story.
Why you need a pager for an Ajax table beats me, unless you have a huge number of lines to display.
I have no tables displaying more than 1000 records and speed is really good, so I always use Ajax tables with unlimited number of lines.
An option similar to a pager is to use links with e.g. each letter of the alphabet below the table.
Use a query to fill the table with all items that start with the caption of the clicked link.

As for the looper, you can place statics above the looper, indicating its content and style them to look like a table column header.

Regards,
Piet
Posté le 30 septembre 2015 - 22:45
Hi Piet

You were talking about a list, but if I understand correctly you mean Ajax tables?

Yes.

Ajax tables work fine in dynamic sites, in AWP it's a different story.

Page Control does not work with Ajax tables even in dynamic sites. It does work with Classic Tables and Loopers.

Why you need a pager for an Ajax table beats me, unless you have a huge number of lines to display. I have no tables displaying more than 1000 records and speed is really good, so I always use Ajax tables with unlimited number of lines.

Can no do. Tens of thousands of lines in some cases. The user will scroll down until they are looking up their own rear ends. Not good.

An option similar to a pager is to use links with e.g. each letter of the alphabet below the table. Use a query to fill the table with all items that start with the caption of the clicked link.

We have done a similar thing with Page Up Page Down Top Bottom but it can be tedious. Also, users are pretty familiar with the concept of pagers - think the Google church where most worship.

As for the looper, you can place statics above the looper, indicating its content and style them to look like a table column header.

Never lines up - ghastly.

Have used loopers now without headings. It is palatable but not entirely satisfactory.

Thanks for engaging - I really appreciate it.

Cheers
André
Posté le 01 octobre 2015 - 13:08
Hi André,

Because an Ajax table lacks the maximum number of lines property, it is obviously not suitable for a pager.
This is not a defect of the Ajax table, this is "a feature".
It may display thousands of lines, but we agree that an enduser will never want/need to see thousands of lines at once and it will only unnecessarily eat resources.
Btw, did you check "the control can be overlaid", because that will usually fix the lining up.

Regards,
Piet
Posté le 05 octobre 2015 - 09:19
Hi Piet

Kinda like eliminates the benefit of an Ajax table. One would surely want to navigate and select records as you go along. If it is not Ajax you cannot select but you can page. If it is Ajax you can select but not page. Not good.

Found now that Loopers page nicely but there can be issues with using a check box for selecting - page keeps refreshing and wiping out the selection. Have spent hours tryng to figure it out. Have go nowhere.

Cheers
André