PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Crashes Windev 20
Crashes Windev 20
Débuté par Wim Nihoul, 05 oct. 2015 14:18 - 7 réponses
Posté le 05 octobre 2015 - 14:18
Hello,

The Windev 20 (US, version 01A200066r) development environment crashes a lot.
To be clear: the windev 20 editor itself crashes while working on a project, our w20 projects executables are ok! In windev18 we experienced a lot less crashes.

We can’t pinpoint specific reasons, the crashes ‘seem’ to happen at any given time.
We use SCM, manta of version Windev20.
Problems occur with 32 and 64 bits of Windev environment.
(PC’s with Windows 7, 64 bit professional)
Similar crashes occur in Windev mobile 20 and Webdev 20.
Does anyone have similar problems with Windev 20?

Best regards,
Wim Nihoul
MSG Nederland N.V.
Posté le 05 octobre 2015 - 15:15
Yes. Anywhere from 1 or 2 crashes a day to 7 or 8 a day.

Windev 20 32 bit with SCM
Win 7 64 bit and Win 10 64 bit
Posté le 05 octobre 2015 - 16:16
Hi, this seems to be part of the SCM game. Imho, Tech Support will tell you that most probably your server connections are unreliable and will advise you to work in "Laptop mode" which means to synchronize with the server just a few times a day.

We've had the same problems plus numerous others with SCM and got a similar answer. Of course, our web / server connections are working fine all day long. Originally, we planned to use SCM for a single project for warming up with it but after these incidents we quickly gave up and each developer has his/her own project. Just in case another developer has to continue the job, we 7-zip the whole project's directory, put it on our server and there it goes ..

If you really want to get it fixed then you should be relentlessly complaining and give enough data to Tech Support in order to be able to get a clue where to find the problem.
Posté le 05 octobre 2015 - 18:16
I don't use SCM and my WD20 crashes too, 1 or 2 times a week,
Posté le 05 octobre 2015 - 18:42
64 bit WM20 crashed regularly, 32 bit much better but still the occasional crash, mainly from long strings. Using Win 7 64 bit.
Posté le 05 octobre 2015 - 21:50
We have problems last month when we change configuration into project. Also, if we work for a long time only on first configuration into project then after change to 2nd or 3rd configuration we get lot of errors into code and we need to recompile project on this stage to remove errors. I think SCM does not work very well 'cause use "cache.gestion de sources" folder to compare finished and check-in" files but not use updated into project folder. So, SCM stop to crash if you delete "cache.gestion de sources" folder but you will get info about 1200+ (for us) files need to be updated even these files are already updated and checked into project folder. And so on, and so on.

P.S. If you can be enough patient you can use SCM , but if you ask for perfect situation then try to avoid SCM. Promo PDF and nice girls are one, real life situation is something more.

P.S.2. We still use SCM over internet and we are still patient. :)
Posté le 12 octobre 2015 - 16:40
Good Afternoon

Did anyone get a solution for this problem? This is very frustrating. Webdev is crashes all the time. What can I do to get this to work? I did send the issue to Support and they told me that another 64bit program is causing Webdev to crash. I uninstalled all 64bit programs to check and still crashing. I have windows 10 64bit. I only recently added this project to SCM so that is not the issue. Crashed even before that.

Thanks

Ruan
Posté le 13 octobre 2015 - 07:00
Hello,

I think you should try out the new update 67n which is currently only for French though.

HTH