PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WD20] Crashing WinDev
[WD20] Crashing WinDev
Débuté par Stefan Bentvelsen, 25 nov. 2015 10:08 - 16 réponses
Posté le 25 novembre 2015 - 10:08
Hi All,

for a new project I'm using WD20 now, but WinDev crasches at least 10 times a day at the most unexpected moments.
Does anyone have tips to prevent this from happening?
Posté le 25 novembre 2015 - 11:09
Hi Stefan,

I can make WINDEV 20 to crash at will if using the Analysis Editor. Open a Window showing the file items and then inputting an item and NOT going to the next line by use of the TAB-key but instead click to any other line in the shown window. Then it crashes, sometimes it accepts the changes made, sometimes not and ignores restructuring therefore. I have to force restructuring then by inputting a dummy item to that file, restructure and then delete the dummy and restructure again. This is the one and only point I do know for sure and I can avoid it, so, it's not a big thing for me anymore.
Posté le 25 novembre 2015 - 11:24
Stefan,
32 or 64 bit?
32 seems to work fine here.
64bit is worse "they" say
Posté le 25 novembre 2015 - 11:38
Hi Arie,

32-bits WinDev 20 on 64-bits Windows 8.1
WinDev 20 functionality is OK, but the crashes are hopeless !

I'v tried the project repair and deleting the .cpl map, but with no result.
Posté le 25 novembre 2015 - 12:05
Hi Stefan, WHEN does ist crash??
Posté le 25 novembre 2015 - 12:16
I am running 32-bit WinDev 20 on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
No problems with WD crashing.

I do get the occasional 'wdtst.exe has stopped running' when stepping through in debug
Seems to be a bug as if I close the window or wait 10 seconds I can continue.

Possible your problem is related to Windows 8.1:sneg:
Posté le 25 novembre 2015 - 12:59
Hi Guenter,

it crashes not in a specific situation or not that I know of.
When I switch to another opened window and hoover over other windows in the WinDev bar of open windows, or when I want to go to a opened document in WinDev. But not allways. This morning it crashes about 8 til 10 times. I had the analysis open (but generated) for some time. Now I'm trying to keep it closed. may be it help. So I'm still looking for causes.
Posté le 25 novembre 2015 - 13:01
Hi DerekT,

the problem may be related to Windows 8.1, but with WinDev 19 on the same laptop I have no problems at all. It is real stable.
Posté le 25 novembre 2015 - 13:06
Stefan,
I have 32-bits WinDev 20 on 64-bits Windows 8.1 too.
No problem yet, but I only have 1 project in WD20 so far...
Using once per week, without noticeable problems.

Others still in WD19 with no problems at all
Posté le 25 novembre 2015 - 15:07
Hi everybody,

I have been using W20 32 bits on w8.1 64 bits for month without any problem.

What you are describing, however, could be an outside action. I always take the precaution to remove both my windev directories and project directories from the anti-virus pdetection scheme. Did you do the same?

Best regards
Posté le 25 novembre 2015 - 15:22
Hi Fabrice,

Thanks for your response. I have removed now both my windev directorie and project directories from the anti-virus detection scheme of MSSecurity Essentials. I will see if that solves the problem.
Posté le 26 novembre 2015 - 10:19
Hi,

What version of WD20 are you using?
After we updated to version 67s the number of crashes has decreased to max 2 per day.

I know my WD20 crashes the first time i use the CTRL+E shortcut per day (to open Fast Selection window). Strange but true.:confused:

Regards,
Joris
Posté le 26 novembre 2015 - 10:31
Hi Joris,

I use version 67s.
Posté le 01 décembre 2015 - 17:02
It looks like WinDev 20 doesn't like to have a RTF-document open. When crashed and start the "debugger" (it starts Visual Studio) it shows me an 'Access violation writing location 0x00000000' in wdtxt.dll of WinDev20.

I register the changes of my project windows, queries, analysis, etc. in a rtf-document in WinDev. In previous versions (I do this since WD10) I never had problems, in WD20 I have. When the rtf-document is open and I click another window (in WinDev), WinDev crashes. If I doesn't open the rtf-document (like this morning) WinDev did not crash!

Anyone else noticed this problem?
Posté le 02 décembre 2015 - 13:45
Hi,

Good that you found the cause.

I keep my changes in a TXT file that is in the project directory (and SCM). I don't have this problem with it. I also tested with a simple 'this is a test' RTF file but did not have a crash.

Maybe the crash is related with the content of the RTF file?

Kind regards,

Joris.
Posté le 02 décembre 2015 - 16:15
hi,

weird, how come i never encounter crash on wd20 (x64) . I using win7 x64 .
even though i not often use but since released until now , i have never get a single crash.

I more in using wm20 , i use wd20 to create small programs or utility .
Posté le 02 décembre 2015 - 16:16
Hi Joris,

I suppose it is content related, but PCSoft asked yesterday for my rtf-file so I hope they will look into it. If there are results, I will post them on this forum.