PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → wd 20 gantt
wd 20 gantt
Débuté par Allard, 10 fév. 2016 11:52 - 2 réponses
Posté le 10 février 2016 - 11:52
Hi anyone using thegantt chart feature of version 20?

I want to use it to replace my project section. The example saves the gant in a file and I need to save stuff in the db since i need to acces tasks etc from other parts of the app as well.

I have taken a look at the gantt file in excel . It seems to be a kind of xml. quite a task of saving it to the db. If anyone has any ideas or did something similar I would verry mutch like to know how you approuched it

regards

allard
Posté le 11 février 2016 - 14:40
Hi Allard,

"... It seems to be a kind of xml. quite a task of saving it to the db. ..."

HLinkMemo, ie one line of code... that shouldn't be too hard

Best regards
Posté le 13 février 2016 - 21:21
Hi,

Pc Soft again did a great job!!.

Well you all I did some investigation in how to use the gant chart and yes I got it to work. At first it seems a bit overwelming but the matter it handles is so that is not really a surprice.

Ok If you take a good look at the example then you can see that the new functions for gantt are just a kind of classes made by pcsoft. They handles everything the gant does. It is possible to get all the values of the objects just by calling the objects

I tackle it buy saving the xml as a string and save the whole thing in the db. I use this to retreve the gantt The stuff that I need for other parts in the app thoose I save in other files. So I can build the logic in an easy way. Cool works great.

If you want to usetha gantt as well. Then it helps to look at the file the gantt example produces. Just open it in MS excel and take a look at the gantt file. It is xml so excel can open it. You then can see all the stuff that is in it. Gave me nice insight.

regards
Allard

Still have to do some extra coding so user cannot mess things up. But I donnot think that this will be a problem