PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → [WD] Using HFSQL C/S whithout installation or with silent installation?
[WD] Using HFSQL C/S whithout installation or with silent installation?
Débuté par Markus K., 30 avr. 2016 14:19 - 3 réponses
Posté le 30 avril 2016 - 14:19
Hi,

my software uses HFSQL C/S. Is it possible to let a customer use my software without the need to execute/install the HFSQL server (WX200PACKHFSQLCS.exe) first?

I don't like that the installation is not available in german, so it could confuse/discourage a potential customer.
Is there a way the customer only has to install my software and not the server?

Thanks and greetings
Markus
Posté le 30 avril 2016 - 21:14
Hi

Yes you can do That. You can include the install of the server in your setup. The download will be a lot bigger but that is nowdays not an issue aymore

You would problebly have to do something on the install programm itself though for if you include the server there is quite a bit time a blank screen.

I guess you canmake an install with the server and then do the updates without including the server.

But if you include it it will work out of the box , I havetried that so I know.

Regards

Allard
Posté le 01 mai 2016 - 12:44
Hi,

i don't use the Windev setup, i use Innoscript.

But in the "WD Setup" project i found a possible solution which i will test.
Posté le 03 mai 2016 - 09:56
Hi,

maybe someone else wants to know what do to if you want to include the installation of the database server without using a separate setup (WX200PACKHFSQLCS.exe).

In WD_Setup i found all i needed: Copy the content of the "WD200PACKSRV.ZIP" (there is also a 64-bit version) into a directory and start the services.