FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Re: Getting #### in fields in Table
Re: Getting #### in fields in Table
Débuté par Sivaprakash, 23 juil. 2016 08:45 - 8 réponses
Posté le 23 juillet 2016 - 08:45
Hello,

Windev 20, HFSQL

I display a table from a query with left outer joins. When run in Control center, I get correct values, but when displayed in a table, I get ##### instead of correct values. Couldn't figure out what's wrong. Anything I'm missing ?

Query is like this.

Select t1.a, t1.b, t1.c, t1.d, t2.k, t3.l, t4.m, t1.d, t1.e
From File t1
Left Outer Join File t2
On t2.q = t1.q
Left Outer Join File t3
on t3.w = t1.w
Where t1.z = 'xxxx'
Order by t1.1

I edited the query by hand instead of using the query editor of windev.

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash
Posté le 23 juillet 2016 - 09:31
Not all fields display #####, only few fields.
Posté le 23 juillet 2016 - 13:28
Hi. You must change the display mask. Your current display mask doesn't allow display big numbers.

Rubén
Posté le 23 juillet 2016 - 16:32
Hello,

Thanks for your reply Ruben Sanchez Pena....

What I'm not getting are all string fields (few unicode strings, few normal strings).... All are declared with sufficient length...

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash
Posté le 24 juillet 2016 - 13:47
Hi.

1) i don't speak about length field. I'm speaking about display mask (display format of data).

2) Sometimes the IDE put a value "0" instead the correct display mask. For example, if you define the display mask as "Uppercased character" or "None" the IDE put 0 in the rest languages.

Rubén
Posté le 25 juillet 2016 - 08:27
Think that you have to make the witdh of the field in the table bigger, that's your problem

Marc :cool:
Posté le 25 juillet 2016 - 15:24
In Description pane,

1. Input mask is empty. Not set anything.
2. Length is 0. Tried setting double (100 chars) to actual length (50 chars).

No impact. Getting the same #####.

The field to display is CityName, which is a unicode field in file. It's a lookup table. And the city name is not compulsory in another Master File. So the need of a left outer join to display all records from Master File, in the Table.

Another field is Telephone no. which is from the Master File. Same problem as above for this field too.

At one point, we changed the Table to list from Master File instead of from Query, then again changed it to list data from Query. At that point, every thing was perfect. A small change made in the table, reverted back to #####. Couldn't succeed again by repeating the same steps.

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash
Posté le 25 juillet 2016 - 16:49
Error while reading an item: the item does not exist, the data file is empty, ...

Check if your control is linked to what you expect.

check the help for the function ControlError to see the meaning of #####
http://doc.windev.com/en-US/…
Posté le 28 juillet 2016 - 07:19
Hello,

Found the problem and corrected it. It was my problem.

My code was.

table1.browsedfile = "queryname"

I changed it to.

table1.browsedfile = ""
hExecuteQuery(queryname)
table1.browsedfile = "queryname"

I missed the hexecutequery which seems a must to retrieve data, as this query retreves data from other files (using left outer join). For few other tables, which shows data from single file, my earlier code was working perfect.

Thanks for your kind support.

Happiness Always
BKR Sivaprakash