PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → WD20/21 - Default SelectColor() window is empty?
WD20/21 - Default SelectColor() window is empty?
Débuté par Arie, 29 sep. 2016 13:57 - 4 réponses
Posté le 29 septembre 2016 - 13:57
Hi,

for some reason the SelectColor() function, which is supposed to open a color picker, is opening an empty Window in one of my WD20 projects. While in others I have no problem. I migrated the project in WD21, just to do a test, same result: showing this empty window.
I just recently discoverd this, because this function is not used very often by the user.

Originally this project came from WD15,16 and so on. Maybe it lost "something" on it's way to WD 20?

Any ideas?
Posté le 29 septembre 2016 - 15:49
Looks like that window got corrupted. I'm not sure where it is stored, but if we find out I'm sure one of us can send you our copy of the window, that is if it's stored as a window file like I assume.

Have you tried using the scSystem constant to see if the system color window shows up?
Posté le 29 septembre 2016 - 16:28
Well, it's quite strange.
As a test, I call SelectColor() as the very first function in the project opening sectin - no problem , works as expected.
Then I moved the call further, after some startup logic. and after all it tunrs out that this function 'breaks' after a call to gpwLogin() ?!?!??!

I'm using a manual start of the usergroupware and it's the old V17 version (GPW not GPU). Somehow this method breaks the color-window.

But using scSystem, as you suggest, I have no problem. So it must be the windev-color-window, but i don't see this window as part of my project. I guess it's somewhere in the Windev framework?

Nevertheless, using the system-variant is good enough for now, so you put my on the right track. Thanks.
Posté le 29 septembre 2016 - 16:46
Strange. Sounds like a glorious WinDev bug. Doesn't sound like the window is corrupt if it works at first.

I assume it's somewhere in the framework. I could have sworn there was another way to do a color picker where a customizable window gets imported to your project, but I can't seem to find it.
Posté le 29 septembre 2016 - 16:54
Is Groupware blocking access somehow?