PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Groupware issues
Groupware issues
Débuté par Bill Quinn, 29 nov. 2016 20:24 - 4 réponses
Posté le 29 novembre 2016 - 20:24
Hi,

I'm still trying to wrap my head around groupware and its files. My goal is to predefine the basic groupware security for my client and distribute those files with the exe. Additionally, on my development computer I would like to use the same data files for both testing via Go and running the exe.

I'm using WD21 and all my files are HFSQL Classic. I've setup groupware as:
- Automatic User Groupware
- Runtime: manual start
- Files: Directory of Data

This code is in the project's Initializing area:

gsDataDir is string = fCurrentDrive() + "\ProgramData\Blasting"
IF fMakeDir(gsDataDir) = False THEN
Error(ErrorInfo())
EndProgram()
END

HSubstDir(".",gsDataDir)

LPWRes is int = 0
LPWRes = gpwOpen(gsDataDir)

SWITCH LPWRes
CASE gpwOk:
// CASE gpwCancel: Info("The Cancel button was clicked.")
CASE gpwError: Error("Error while initializing the groupware." + ErrorInfo())
CASE gpwUnknownUser: Error("Unknown user.")
CASE gpwInvalidPassword: Error("Invalid password")
OTHER CASE: Info("other " + LPWRes)
END
IF LPWRes <> gpwOk THEN EndProgram

My problem is if I delete all the data files and test my project (via Go), I get prompted to enter the supervisor user, set a password and everything works. If I close the app and run the exe, I don't get prompted to enter a user name. I only get this message.

The description of the logical file stored in the analysis is not compatible with the one stored in the physical file . Unable to access the file.
The item of file is unique key in the file but it is not found in the analysis.
The descriptions are not compatible, duplicate errors may occur during the additions.

If I delete the files and run the exe first, I do get the login screen but it does not create the supervisor user. I only get "User does not exist." Then, if I try to run in test mode, I get the same error as above.

FYI - originally I did not have the GPU files in my analysis. After importing those files, the above issues still remain. I did not import the GPU windows, code, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bill
Posté le 01 décembre 2016 - 12:38
Hello Bill

When running in test mode you can nominate the folder where your test date resides in the Project > files option but the GO option expects to find groupware files in the project EXE folder regardless of any other setting. That could be the cause of some of your issues.

Regards
Al
Posté le 01 décembre 2016 - 13:43
Hi Al,

Is this the case even after an HSubstDir has been issued? That's the first thing I do.

Bill
Posté le 01 décembre 2016 - 15:55
Hello Bill

I don't know because I have never used the HSubtDir() function but I imagine that it would still apply.

Regards
Al
Posté le 01 décembre 2016 - 16:25
Ok, thanks Al....guess I still have work to do to get out of the Clarion mindset.