PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WEBDEV 2024 → Hourglass or wait indicator
Hourglass or wait indicator
Started by Stefan, Sep., 02 2013 1:50 PM - 11 replies
Posted on September, 02 2013 - 1:50 PM
Hi all,

Looking for a way to display an hour glass or any other way (except progress bar) to inform user of ongoing calculations.
The display has to start at the start of a server procedure and stop at the end of it.
Inserting a gif and making it visible at run time as the first line of code of the server procedure won't work, the gif will only be displayed after the server code has run.

Any ideas ?
Registered member
47 messages
Popularité : +2 (2 votes)
Posted on August, 08 2014 - 12:16 PM
See standard catalog under giff annimations

--
Roy van der Lee
Registered member
53 messages
Posted on June, 10 2021 - 12:46 PM
hi,
but how can I do if I can't manage the invisible visible of the control with webdev?

thanks
Posted on June, 10 2021 - 1:04 PM
but how can I do if I can't manage the invisible visible of the control with webdev?

of course you can change the visible status of a control in webdev...
Registered member
53 messages
Posted on June, 10 2021 - 2:37 PM
hi,
excuse me how can I do? I have not found anything, or I am too new to understand what to look for, sorry;(
Posted on June, 10 2021 - 5:18 PM
if you don't know how to make something visible or invisible, the first thing to do is go in the help, and in the search box, type visible.... you will find as the first answer the page for the visible property where you will get all the details

basicvally, it goes like this:
ControlName..Visible=false
Registered member
53 messages
Posted on June, 10 2021 - 6:35 PM
hi, thanks i tray and work!
but if i wanted to show a progressbar when executing a query of a table how can i do?
I created the query created the table but at what stage should I manage the progress bar?

initializing of page insert connect to db, query and fill db

progressbar in load page?

thanks
Posted on June, 10 2021 - 9:56 PM
considering that there is no way to know in advance how long a query is going to run, a progressbar makes no sense, as you could not set the max value.

A second problem is that any communication between client and server only has ONE answer (user clicks on button, information is sent to server, query runs, server returns the answer), there would be no way to tell the client side when to refresh with what value

So the progressbar is out.

You can display an animated gif with a message, but that is all you can do during a singular process...
Just do it in the browser code of the button running the query, that will be executed BEFORE the information is sent to the server

Now, if you really need to display more than that, then the only way is to cut the server process in pieces and call them one by one in a loop from the browser side, so that is impractical in most cases
Registered member
53 messages
Posted on June, 11 2021 - 11:46 AM
hi,

"You can display an animated gif with a message, but that is all you can do during a singular process...
Just do it in the browser code of the button running the query, that will be executed BEFORE the information is sent to the server"

I tried with an image and it could be enough, but I don't understand where to insert the code to view the image during the execution of the question, in which event do I show it and when do I hide it?
Posted on June, 11 2021 - 1:32 PM
marcov a écrit :
hi,

"You can display an animated gif with a message, but that is all you can do during a singular process...
Just do it in the browser code of the button running the query, that will be executed BEFORE the information is sent to the server"

I tried with an image and it could be enough, but I don't understand where to insert the code to view the image during the execution of the question, in which event do I show it

.... do it in the browser code of the button running the query... if the query is run from a button... as I don't know the details of what you are doing there is no way for me to be more precise than what I already told you

>>and when do I hide it?

Depends on HOW you are doing the server query... If NOT in ajax, then the refresh of the page, when the server sends the answer, will automatically hide it. If in ajax, then do it in the 'return from ajax call' part in the same button (name may differ, I'm doing this from memory)
Registered member
53 messages
Posted on June, 11 2021 - 5:01 PM
OK thank you very much!! I do tests.
Posted on August, 28 2021 - 3:15 PM
Hi marco.
Did you get it going?
If not drop me an email@carlos.antunez@canissoft.com and I will help you out on how to do this

Regards,

Carlos