PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WEBDEV 2024 → HFSQL Server and Windows 11
HFSQL Server and Windows 11
Started by Peter Kerr, Mar., 20 2023 12:51 PM - 4 replies
Posted on March, 20 2023 - 12:51 PM
I made the mistake of upgrading my PC to Windows 11. My computer no longer recognizes the HFSQL server. I understand this is a common problem across all SQL server variations and is potentially tied to how Windows defines sectors on SSDs.

Does anyone have a work-around to allow my PC to recognize HFSQL server short of wiping my entire PC and reinstalling Windows 10? (Note - I am past the 10-day mark where you could easily revert back to Windows 10).
Registered member
795 messages
Popularité : +40 (42 votes)
Posted on March, 24 2023 - 5:24 PM
Hi, I have Windows 11 on my computer and I don't have any problems with HFSQL. Maybe check the open ports on your computer in case the 4900 is blocked.

Rubén
Posted on March, 24 2023 - 7:57 PM
Hi Reuben,
Thanks for your response. Its the Local HSFQL databases that reside on my laptop computer that WebDev no longer recognizes. it is not a port issue as I have been using port 4900 all along with my WebDev client/server file applications. I understand this is an issue across SQL servers and how windows 11 handles the SSD sectors as compared to Windows 10.
Registered member
795 messages
Popularité : +40 (42 votes)
Posted on March, 26 2023 - 10:35 PM
Bonjour, Comme je l'ai dit, mon ordinateur de développement est équipé de Windows 11 et fonctionne sans problème. De plus, le disque est un SSD et il n'y a pas de problème. Je ne pense pas que HFSQL ou Windows gère le SSD de l'ordinateur différemment de Windows 10.

Rubén
Posted on March, 28 2023 - 2:15 AM
Hi Peter.
I am 99.99% sure that SSD has nothing to do with your problem.

How are you importing th efiles? Do you have a backup?