WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WEBDEV 2024 → .net assembly not found only when in production
.net assembly not found only when in production
Started by TODD ( Beaulieu of A, Feb., 11 2013 7:54 PM - 14 replies
Registered member
16 messages
Posted on February, 11 2013 - 7:54 PM
Hello All,
Why is it that the syntax used will work fine in a developement environment with the same .net framework as production. But once placed on the production server the program suddenly cannot find a module. This is frustrating. I've instantiated properly run in test, compiled, used the workshop to move it to the production box
the production box DOES have the .net 4 framework although my dlls are in 2.0. and what I get is the following message....Anyone have any Ideas or run across the answer to this I've been looking all morning to no avail. Thank you all.

WL call:
Process of 'Global Procedure Get_SecHasObject (server)' (ServerProcedures.Get_SecHasObject), line 23, thread 0

What happened?
Check whether the .NET framework is available on the computer.
Unable to load D:\WebDev17\wd170net4.dll DLL

Error code: 1065
Level: fatal error (EL_FATAL)

System error code: 126
System error message:
The specified module could not be found.

Dump of the error of 'wd170vm.dll' module (17.0.287.3).
Identifier of detailed information (.err): 1065
Debugging information:
DLL qui provoque le chargement : WDVM
DLL à charger : wd170net4.dll
DLL chargée : D:\WebDev17\wd170net4.dll
Chemin des DLL : D:\WebDev17
Chemin de l'EXE :
Additional Information:
EIT_PILEWL :
Global Procedure Get_SecHasObject (server) (ServerProcedures.Get_SecHasObject), line 23
Global Procedure GetUrlRequest (server) (ServerProcedures.GetUrlRequest), line 109
EIT_DATEHEURE : 11/02/2013 11:32:55
Posted on February, 11 2013 - 8:53 PM
Hi Todd

the message seems to indicate that you forgot to include the
wd170net4.dll in the installer package

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on http://www.fabriceharari.com

On 2/11/2013 1:06 PM, TODD ( Beaulieu of A) wrote:
Hello All,
Why is it that the syntax used will work fine in a developement environment with the same .net framework as production. But once placed on the production server the program suddenly cannot find a module. This is frustrating. I've instantiated properly run in test, compiled, used the workshop to move it to the production box
the production box DOES have the .net 4 framework although my dlls are in 2.0. and what I get is the following message....Anyone have any Ideas or run across the answer to this I've been looking all morning to no avail. Thank you all.

WL call:
Process of 'Global Procedure Get_SecHasObject (server)' (ServerProcedures.Get_SecHasObject), line 23, thread 0

What happened?
Check whether the .NET framework is available on the computer.
Unable to load D:\WebDev17\wd170net4.dll DLL

Error code: 1065
Level: fatal error (EL_FATAL)

System error code: 126
System error message:
The specified module could not be found.

Dump of the error of 'wd170vm.dll' module (17.0.287.3).
Identifier of detailed information (.err): 1065
Debugging information:
DLL qui provoque le chargement : WDVM
DLL à charger : wd170net4.dll
DLL chargée : D:\WebDev17\wd170net4.dll
Chemin des DLL : D:\WebDev17
Chemin de l'EXE :
Additional Information:
EIT_PILEWL :
Global Procedure Get_SecHasObject (server) (ServerProcedures.Get_SecHasObject), line 23
Global Procedure GetUrlRequest (server) (ServerProcedures.GetUrlRequest), line 109
EIT_DATEHEURE : 11/02/2013 11:32:55
Registered member
16 messages
Posted on February, 12 2013 - 12:36 AM
I have now included both the wd170net4.dll and the wd170net2.dll in the project and it gave me the same message. thanks for the quick reply though.
Posted on February, 12 2013 - 3:33 PM
Hello Todd

First, the fact that you say you have included them "IN THE PROJECT" may
be the cause of the problem...

You should not include them in the project, but in the INSTALLER, which
is not the same thing at all...

Second point, did you check on the target machine that the DLL in
question has indeed been installed in the exe directory?

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari

On 2/12/2013 1:43 AM, TODD ( Beaulieu of A) wrote:
I have now included both the wd170net4.dll and the wd170net2.dll in the project and it gave me the same message. thanks for the quick reply though.
Posted on February, 12 2013 - 4:53 PM
Hi Todd

this may be just a semantic problem, but it also may be the problem, so
I will insist on it...

Your error message is saying that one of the windev DLL is missing
(wd170net4.dll)... This dll is part of the windev framework and,
according to its name, is in charge of dealing with .net assemblies...

Clearly, if it's not at the right place on the production server, your
program cannot work...

So in the installer setup, you have the possibility to include files
(but in that case, you have to tell WHERE they will be installed) but
you also have a step in which you check all the framework dll that have
to be included/installed... it's in THAT step that you have to verify
that the dll in question (wd170net4) is checked...

The second thing that you need to check is that after installing on the
production server, the same dll (wd170net4.dll) is INDEED present in
your EXE directory...

Till I have confirmation of those 2 precise points, there is nothing
else to look at...

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari

On 2/12/2013 10:29 AM, TODD ( Beaulieu of A) wrote:
Fabrice, Thanks for the reply.
I have tried having the wd170XX included in the deploy to server by adding files to include. I have also tried it without them included. same results both ways. To which files to you refer when you say make sure "they" are located in the same directory as the EXE, the wd70XX files or my .net assembly. I have placed the .net assemblies all over this project and any directory that may even remotely relate to the project....same result. I did get a response from someone that I had contacted who said that this might have to do with the security level the server exerts over the .net framework so that it might not be allowing it to function properly. He said that he read it in the french forums...unfortunately I don't speak French...not now at least. Do you have any other thoughts as to what it might be. Thank you so much for the help. Todd
Registered member
16 messages
Posted on February, 12 2013 - 5:10 PM
Fabrice, Thanks for the reply.
I have tried having the wd170XX included in the deploy to server by adding files to include. I have also tried it without them included. same results both ways. To which files to you refer when you say make sure "they" are located in the same directory as the EXE, the wd70XX files or my .net assembly. I have placed the .net assemblies all over this project and any directory that may even remotely relate to the project....same result. I did get a response from someone that I had contacted who said that this might have to do with the security level the server exerts over the .net framework so that it might not be allowing it to function properly. He said that he read it in the french forums...unfortunately I don't speak French...not now at least. Do you have any other thoughts as to what it might be. Thank you so much for the help. Todd
Posted on February, 12 2013 - 6:09 PM
Hi Todd

from your last message, it seems that you are talking about a WEBDEV
development (website, inetpub, etc...), which would explain partly why
we are not talking about the same thing

Is that correct?

If yes, it means that you have a web site whose server code is trying to
use a .net assembly... And yes, that may means a lot of permissions/problems

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari

On 2/12/2013 11:51 AM, TODD ( Beaulieu of A) wrote:
Fabrice,
I have included the wd170xxxx.dll for 1,2,4 in the exe folder before deploying to the server. I made sure that they were included in the project during deployment. Once deploy I tried it...no luck on the website. So, I put the wd170xxxx.dll along with the modules(assemblies) that it should be trying to run..in EVERY folder that might even possibly have to do with the project as well as a few others. both the .net dlls and the wd170xxxx.dlls are now in nearly every folder in the inetpub.wwwroot of the server. I have only been doing this a very short time so please have some patience as I am attempting to understand the linkages to the parts of the software required to make the coding run in the production environment...I'm not a server guy. I am a programmer and am having a great time with the programs I am developing and the dev environment. Thank you for hanging in there with me as I try to get this figured out. Todd
Registered member
16 messages
Posted on February, 12 2013 - 6:38 PM
Fabrice,
I have included the wd170xxxx.dll for 1,2,4 in the exe folder before deploying to the server. I made sure that they were included in the project during deployment. Once deploy I tried it...no luck on the website. So, I put the wd170xxxx.dll along with the modules(assemblies) that it should be trying to run..in EVERY folder that might even possibly have to do with the project as well as a few others. both the .net dlls and the wd170xxxx.dlls are now in nearly every folder in the inetpub.wwwroot of the server. I have only been doing this a very short time so please have some patience as I am attempting to understand the linkages to the parts of the software required to make the coding run in the production environment...I'm not a server guy. I am a programmer and am having a great time with the programs I am developing and the dev environment. Thank you for hanging in there with me as I try to get this figured out. Todd
Registered member
16 messages
Posted on February, 12 2013 - 7:31 PM
Fabrice,
Yes it is a website. I call a global procedure in webdev that call to one .Net assembly that then calls another .net assembly and passes data back upstream to the webdev procedure. I am going to compare (again my pc to the server wesite to sebsite) parameters, .Net versions, and locations of the dlls to see if there is a difference. I have complete rights to both the production server and my pc. Thank you again for all your help on this. I'll keep plugging away at it. If you think of something else, Please let me know and I'll try it. Thanks again. Todd
Posted on February, 12 2013 - 10:30 PM
Hi Todd

you said "I have complete rights to both the production server..."
But YOU are not the user running your web site. It's a special user with
VERY limited rights for security reasons generally called something like
IUser or InetUser something...

Normally, this user doesn't even have execution rights on the web site
directory... It works because it has execution rights on the webdev
engine directory...

The problem I see is that at this point we don't know WHERE the .net
assemblies (as there are two) are situated on the server. But it seems
to me that the internet user should have execution rights on theses
directories

You will probably find the information by googling ".net assembly web
site permissions" or something similar, as this seems to be a wider
problem than webdev

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari

On 2/12/2013 1:15 PM, TODD ( Beaulieu of A) wrote:
Fabrice,
Yes it is a website. I call a global procedure in webdev that call to one .Net assembly that then calls another .net assembly and passes data back upstream to the webdev procedure. I am going to compare (again my pc to the server wesite to sebsite) parameters, .Net versions, and locations of the dlls to see if there is a difference. I have complete rights to both the production server and my pc. Thank you again for all your help on this. I'll keep plugging away at it. If you think of something else, Please let me know and I'll try it. Thanks again. Todd
Registered member
16 messages
Posted on February, 13 2013 - 12:22 AM
Fabrice,
I found out what the problem was...now if I can just figure a solution. What happened was that when we first installed WebDev We installed to the D:drive. This server has multiple drives and multiple websites on it. WebDev was later installed to the C:inetput/root directory. The WD170net4.dll and executables are currently firing from the D:drive directory but looking for assemblies that are in the actual website which is located on the c:drive root of the server. I copied a test .net assembly call program from webdev in the root c: to the d:drive oldwebsite location for webdev...And it worked!...now how do I get the WDXXX programs that run the programs to be on the c:\ drive so that if a webdev program is called the c: WDXXX programs are fired. Thank you so much for the input I really appreciate it. Thanks, Todd
Posted on February, 15 2013 - 12:02 AM
Hi Todd

I do no think that you can have the webdev SERVER (on D) and the site
(on C) in the same directory (and you shouldn't, as those are two
different thing, then engine on on side and what is used by the engine
on the other)...

What you need is either to add rights for the internet user and the
appropriate directories (web site directories) -OR- to install the .net
assembly files (and just those, not the whole web site) in the same
directory than the wdxxxx.dll files (part of the webdev engine on D)

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari

On 2/13/2013 1:49 AM, TODD ( Beaulieu of A) wrote:
Fabrice,
I found out what the problem was...now if I can just figure a solution. What happened was that when we first installed WebDev We installed to the D:drive. This server has multiple drives and multiple websites on it. WebDev was later installed to the C:inetput/root directory. The WD170net4.dll and executables are currently firing from the D:drive directory but looking for assemblies that are in the actual website which is located on the c:drive root of the server. I copied a test .net assembly call program from webdev in the root c: to the d:drive oldwebsite location for webdev...And it worked!...now how do I get the WDXXX programs that run the programs to be on the c:\ drive so that if a webdev program is called the c: WDXXX programs are fired. Thank you so much for the input I really appreciate it. Thanks, Todd
Registered member
16 messages
Posted on February, 15 2013 - 6:01 PM
Fabrice,
thanks for the information. we have uninstalled and reinstalled the server to the root directory c:...the site is now on the d: with pointer and web site showing no errors in the WEBDEV17 admin program. still the error persists that the wd170net4.dll cannot find the .net assembly. As you suggest I will try copying the .net assemblies to the webdev17 directory on the root drive where the wd170net4.dll resides and see if that works. I am copying a response I recieved from PCSoft reguarding the problem for you to examine.

The LIBC DLLs might not be installed on your machine.
The .NET 4 DLL requires the LibC 10. Therefore, it is not loaded on the computers:

that only own the .NET 4 framework
on which no other application has installed the LibC 10 yet (Visual 2010 for example).

The distributable version of the LibC 10 can be freely downloaded from the Microsoft site (address valid when this documentation was published: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx… ).
You may also use an utility such as Procmon.exe. It will show use all the files that your application is using or attempting to use. It often helps a lot.
See here:
http://www.mztools.com/articles/2008/MZ2008024.aspx
Posted on May, 30 2013 - 1:16 PM
Hy Todd,

could you solve the problem?

I got the same problem with windev18. (wd180net4.dll cannot found ...)
And YES:
- all wd180net1-4.dll are installed in the same directory as the exe
- the problem is reproduceble also with the dotnet example of windev
- the problem is independet of 32 or 64 bit.
- .net framework 4.5 is installed!
- LIB C is installed!

The program is installed in a directory on a network with all the wd*.dll.
On some machines it works, on other machines the wd180net4.dll cannot found!

Thomas
Registered member
3,651 messages
Popularité : +175 (223 votes)
Posted on December, 15 2019 - 2:29 PM
Bonjour

J'ai cette erreur dans une application faite avec windev qui a une dll attachée dans .NET qui provient d'un lecteur biométrique à doigt. Sur mon ordinateur, cela fonctionne et sur l'ordinateur client, ce message est ci-dessous:

Error at line 34 of Initializing FFgbsys process.
The .Net assembly call is not available in integrated framework.

----- Technical information -----

Project : FFgbsys

WL call:
Process of 'Initializing FFgbsys', Line 34

What happened?
The .Net assembly call is not available IN integrated framework.

Error code: 1218
Level: fatal Error

Dump of the Error of 'wd240vm64.dll' module (24.0.600.2).
Identifier of detailed information (.err): 1218
Additional information:
EIT_PILEWL :
Initializing FFgbsys (), Line 34
EIT_DATEHEURE : 15/12/2019 13:54:36
EIT_TYPE_WDFILE : <4097>
EIT_IDCODE : <196608>

En référence à la ligne d'erreur, il se réfère à ce code ci-dessous, qui initialise la DLL .net

CIDBio = new CIDBio
cl_CIDBio is CIDBio
garrNewImageBuf is buffer

Je me souviens que mon ordinateur fonctionne correctement est importé dans l'assembler net en dll, mais je ne peux pas comprendre pourquoi le client donne cette erreur.

Please, help!!!

--
Adriano José Boller
adrianoboller@gmail.com
http://wxinformatica.com.br/