PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Printing two A5 pages on one A4 page
Printing two A5 pages on one A4 page
Started by Arie Mars, Feb., 04 2010 3:47 PM - 8 replies
Posted on February, 04 2010 - 3:47 PM
Hi,
one of my clients want's to print an A5 report twice. One for the customer. One as internal copy.
He's already using special A4 paper for it, which has a tear perforation line in the middle.
It's also necessary to print the reports page1+page2, page2+page2 and so on, instead of 1,2,3 and again 1,2,3. So every A4 has an original and a copy of the SAME page.
How can I do this? Not sure if it is really a WD question or a printer setting question.
But at least I have to save and use these printer settings as predefined in my application. The users just want to print with a single click.
Posted on February, 05 2010 - 12:39 AM
Hi Arie...
IF the printer used has the necessary options, it can be done by just setting it correctly...
- print twice
- print 1-1 2-2 3-3
- Multiple sheets/pages: number 2, side by side
- orientation landscape
and that's it
Now if any of these options is missing, that's another story entirely.
Best regards
Posted on February, 05 2010 - 12:41 AM
Fabrice,
That is an answer I like. In fact I dont have to do anything.
But I want these settings predefined in the settings-window of my program. So the supervisor can setup a dedicated invoice printer. And then the user is able to print with a minimal number of mouseclicks.
I see a number of contants for use in iParameter() for the settings you mentioned.
Except for "multi page". How to get/set this one?
I tried reading iExtraParameters but then I get a array of bytes. Looks like an api32 structure. Do you know something about it?
Posted on February, 05 2010 - 12:41 AM
Hello Arie
Another solution is just to deliver to the report what it needs, two consecutive copies of the data. Set the page length to A5 and send two sets of page 1, 2 sets of page 2 etc. We do this in a couple of reports and the simplest is to run it from a memzone where you set the same key up twice or build the data into a table in duplicated form. In this way it will print corretcly regardless of the printer, as all printers may not support the multiple page formatting options.
Regards
Al
Posted on February, 05 2010 - 7:37 AM
Hi Arie,
I know that one solution is to query the printer as to its current settings (after setting it manually correctly once, of course), then record that information and send it back to the printer when needed...
I did that in an application a few years back, but I must say that I have forgotten more about the process than I can remember :-( I don't even remember in which app I did that, in fact...
I hope this gives you enough of a hint or that somebody else has that information on hand
Best regards
Posted on February, 09 2010 - 4:41 PM
Hi Arie
you may want to have a look there:
http://depot.pcsoft.fr/resource.awp…
I know it's in french, but google translate should be your friend here, as this seems to be exactly what you are looking for (getting the parameter and saving them)
best regards
Posted on February, 09 2010 - 5:02 PM
Thanks Fabrice,
this could do the job indeed.
Posted on January, 03 2019 - 10:56 AM
Hi,

The website http://depot.pcsoft.fr/resource.awp… is missing.
And now I have the same issue as Arie Mars. Could you please help me?

Thanks
Regards,
Posted on February, 08 2019 - 11:03 AM
Hi Everybody again,

I would need an answer about this issue, please.
Could it be possible?

Thank you in advanced.
Regards