PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → WB19 - ERR_NO_APPLICATION
WB19 - ERR_NO_APPLICATION
Started by Arie Mars, Nov., 10 2014 10:58 AM - 9 replies
Posted on November, 10 2014 - 10:58 AM
Hi,
as of this morning users suddenly are facing this error, when accessing one of my sites
site unknown: site not configured for WebDev. (32, ERR_NO_APPLICATION) Access denied. (5)
The site is running on port 8880. Another site on port 8881 is working OK.
I tried all kinds of thing, like reinstalling the whole site as the local admin.
Nothings helps. What clue am I missing?!?
Posted on November, 10 2014 - 11:10 AM
Hi Arie,

Not sure if you've consulted the PCS help yet? Here's what it has to say:

ERR_NO_APPLICATION ERR_NO_APPLICATION error The site is unknown: it was not configured for WEBDEV. ERR_NO_APPLICATION (32) The dynamic WebDev site is not installed properly (the correspondence with the registry is incorrect). Reinstall the site and/or check its configuration in the registry. Reminder: When installing a dynamic WebDev site, a new entry is created in the registry. A new entry is created in the following key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PC SOFT\WEBDEV\19\". The name of the project and its directory are specified.
Posted on November, 10 2014 - 11:43 AM
Darren,

yes I checked all that and compared to another site, there seems to be no difference at all.
I found a post about missing rights on these registry keys (but how could that be the case for one site and not for others,without me chaining anything?), but afaik all right are there, To be sure I granted "all admin rights to everything".

Thanks anyway, I keep searching...
Posted on November, 10 2014 - 12:09 PM
Hi Arie,

I had something similar in the past, but couldn't solve the problem. I made a new install of my site and installed it. After that it worked fine.

<a class="ExternalLink" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://27130.foren.mysnip.de/read.php?27131,145713,145713#msg-145713">http://27130.foren.mysnip.de/read.php&hellip;</a>

Best regards,

Aad
Posted on November, 10 2014 - 12:33 PM
Hi Aad,
I found your post already, but reinstalling doesn't help for some reason.
I installed this site on another system and then it works. But this is only a spare system with less specs (slower).
Atm I can't reboot the main server or do other "dangerous" stuff, because I don't want run the risk that other things stop working too. Until I know the reason for my problem.
Posted on November, 10 2014 - 12:37 PM
Did you check the permissions of the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PC SOFT\WEBDEV\19\"

normally you have to add read for everyone
Posted on November, 10 2014 - 1:30 PM
Paulo,
I already did that too, but with no help.
I still think it is a "rights" issue indeed. "did you restart your computer" would probably solve it, but I can't do that at the moment
This system support several dozens of employees in the field during work hours and most of them are on the working website (I use a webpage for their tablets to communicate)
Posted on April, 17 2019 - 10:30 PM
1) aller au registre Windows "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PC SOFT\WEBDEV\xx\"
2) dans Applications doit rester égal à la clé "Nom du projet"
seulement ceci.
Posted on April, 17 2019 - 10:36 PM
vague
1) aller au registre Windows
2) dans Applications doit rester égal à la clé "Nom du projet"
succès à tous
Posted on April, 26 2019 - 12:25 AM
Hi Arnie
This happend to me