PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → WD20 HTTPListCertificate
WD20 HTTPListCertificate
Started by Arie Mars, Feb., 17 2016 11:59 AM - 4 replies
Posted on February, 17 2016 - 11:59 AM
Hi,

I'm using the HTTPCertificate() to set the required certificate for use in a call to a webservice.
I also use the HTTPListCertificate() to get a list of certificates and then the user can pick one, which is then stored in his usersettings for later use.

On my development machine it works great, the HTTPListCertificate() finds the certificates I want to use.
However on my clients live machine (MS 2012 server) it does not. Using certmgr.msc I can see the certificates, installed under the personal folder. But Windev does not see them.

>Anyone who can shine l light on this?
Posted on February, 17 2016 - 1:52 PM
Hi Arie,

you are on a server (tighter security), so it is possible that your windev program just doesn't have enough permissions to see the certificates. Did you try to run it as admin?

>Best regards
Posted on February, 17 2016 - 2:00 PM
Fabrice,

yes I did that, but with no luck. The certificates are also installed using an admin account.
I must say that this is not the "overal" admin, but a regular user with admin rights.
I already asked their admin to re-install the certificates, just to be sure.
>On the other hand: the windows certmgr does show the certificates.
Posted on February, 18 2016 - 5:53 AM
Hi Arie,

it may not because of security problem . certificate appear from certmgr.msc but not appear from IE

try verify if the certificates appear from IE (Internet option -> content -> certificates) , not from certmgr.msc .

>I not sure but i think i remember read somewhere in the help that windev is using IE for certificate function.
Posted on February, 18 2016 - 10:51 AM
Indeed IE dos not show my certificate either, After some Google search I found out, that I you can also import certificates using the IIS manager. Apparently it takes the required security settings into account.
IE now show the new certificate and also the HTTPCertificate and HTTPListCertificate functions can pick up the certificate and I'm able to communicate with the webservice.

>Tnxs for putting me on the right track.