PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → bluetooth printers
bluetooth printers
Started by Noel Tanti, Jun., 02 2017 2:40 PM - 4 replies
Posted on June, 02 2017 - 2:40 PM
Hi all

a client needs his pos to be transfered onto a tablet. What sort of printers work with ipads / anrdoid and windev mobile?

I know that iprintreport is not available so will need to build the chit line by line but it that the only problem?

any advice welcome.

Thanks
Noel
Posted on June, 02 2017 - 2:52 PM
Hi

actually, the iprintxxx functions are available only for pdf printing on mobile...

So in order to print on a physical printer, you'll need to use the printer specific SDK.

There are, AFAIK, two methods possible :
- via sockets (there is an example of code in the french windev mobile forum on pcsoft website)
- by using the JAVA SDK provided by the printer manufacturer, so what will be available in there depends of the brand/model of printer

Best regards
Posted on June, 02 2017 - 4:39 PM
Hi Fabrice

I do not understand why it is so complex.

thanks for you info.

Do you know if there a way, to print a generated pdf from the mobile to a printer?

Regards
Noel
Posted on June, 02 2017 - 5:09 PM
Noel,

Yes, it's not as easy as it should be...

These Help pages might help?

https://help.windev.com/en-US/…

https://help.windev.com/en-US/…
Posted on June, 02 2017 - 8:44 PM
Hi again

As far as I understand, it's that complex because there is no printing system in android (no system api), so no norm to talk of, and each printer has its own system...

Now, I don't know if it's possible to print a pdf on a bluetooth printer using its SDK (you'll have to check in the SDK in question), However, I do know that it's possible to print an image (is pdf viewed as an image at that level, I don't know).

Therefore, if you cannot use the iprintxxx functions to print a pdf, then send the pdf to the bluetooth printer, you should still be able to use the similar dxxx functions to DRAW your report in an image field, save it as jpg or png, then print that image on the printer.

But of course, at this point, it would probably be easier to directly print on the printer using its SDK.

Best regards