PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → [WB22] WAS test
[WB22] WAS test
Started by Piet van Zanten, Aug., 11 2017 9:32 PM - 6 replies
Posted on August, 11 2017 - 9:32 PM
Hi,

I have not yet purchased the WAS v22, still running the WB19 application server.
Will I run into trouble if I install the free 10 user version additional to my WAS 19?
I cannot risk disruption of the applications already running on WAS19 e.g. if it limits my WB19 apps to 10 users.

Kind regards,
Piet
Posted on August, 12 2017 - 7:50 PM
Hi Piet

My guess is that you will run into trouble. Someone else may chip in but as far as I know you can only run one version at a time. If you do get it to work please let us know as I have a similar situation.

Cheers
André
Posted on August, 14 2017 - 8:00 PM
Hi,

I got a reply from PCS that it's not possible to have more than one version running.
Another server is needed for test.
Suggested options: WEBDEV free hosting service or PCSCloud.
I'll look into that.

Kind regards,
Piet
Posted on August, 15 2017 - 11:21 AM
Hi,

I just installed my site for test in the free Webdev hosting center and it all works fine.
Check the Help topic

You get:
a sub domain on webdev-test.com to deploy your site
ftp access to this subdomain
a username and password for a HFSQL database
access to WDAdminWeb to manage the site

Well done PCSoft, this is a great service and it's free :spos:

Kind regards,
Piet
Posted on August, 15 2017 - 2:19 PM
Hello Piet,

I have used it to test my first Webdev app and it is awesome that they provide this service for free. BUT it has flaws, there where many times when I went to test could not for what ever reason site was down problem with server. Again great that is there just not reliable for me.

Dennis W
Posted on August, 16 2017 - 2:04 AM
Hmm 100 simultanious connections ? That a lot better then the test app server . ( With 10 )

Well I bought the app server for a windows vps server. Then full control. I can even run a windev app. And I can use Mysql or PostgresQL

The saas Of pcsoftby the way isnot a bad deal in my honest opinion , if you do not need full control . This is because they give the app server for free when you host with them.

regards

Allard
Posted on August, 16 2017 - 8:31 AM
Hi Dennis,

Sofar I have had no problems with the test server and speed is not bad either.
So it suits my purpose.

Kind regards,
Piet