PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → [WD20] Video Codecs
[WD20] Video Codecs
Started by Curtis, Oct., 11 2017 12:51 AM - 3 replies
Posted on October, 11 2017 - 12:51 AM
How do I get WinDev to use the video codecs I have installed? Right now I can only play .mpg files with WinDev. However, I can play anything with Windows Media Player.

I have tried and IMG_Control with MCI commands and I've also tried a multi media control.
Posted on October, 11 2017 - 12:54 PM
Hi Curtis,

I had the same problem a few months ago, and I had to try and install several codecs packages before finding one where the codecs were supported in my application. It seems that all codecs are not equal in the eye of windev, even if they are in the eye of Windows Media Player, probably because codec technology evolved, and not the mci field.

Best regards
Posted on October, 16 2017 - 6:11 AM
We use the Basic K-Lite codec pack to play mp4 videos. We just go ahead and accept all the defaults, except we do check the box to increase the input buffer size for the LAV splitter and do not allow automatic updates as occasionally a release will not work as expected. So we find a release that works well and just stay with it.
Posted on October, 17 2017 - 6:13 AM
If you do not want to be at mercy of Windows and its codecs then try to integrate VCL Media Player in your app. It is way better and efficient. And also easy to deploy!

I have used it in one app developed in Delphi.

I don't know as to how we can use it from WX but do give it a try.

HTH