PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → How to create a traditional HTML page
How to create a traditional HTML page
Started by John Fligg, Feb., 21 2018 11:25 AM - 5 replies
Posted on February, 21 2018 - 11:25 AM
Ok probably obvious. I have been developing AWP websites etc. pretty well. But now I just want to create a single page (Static) in WebDev and be able to get the HTML and paste that into another app.

I could put the page on a server and create a link to it but ultimately want to incorporate the page into an Outlook EMail.

If anyone can point me in the direction to getting the page HTML that would be a start and/or if anyone has been able to incorporate it into an Outlook email that would be great.

Thx
Posted on February, 21 2018 - 11:34 AM
Hi John

I'm not sure I understand the question, because you are giving the answer in it:

>>> I just want to create a single page (Static) in WebDev

So create a page, go in it's properties, and select static... it's the exact same thing than when you create a page, go in it's properties, and select awp... just the line after it..

As for the email part, look at the ..html property of the email variable, if my memory is correct. You MAY have to massage the html code, though, as I'm not sure everything you can do in a static page will be supported in that context...

Best regards
Posted on February, 21 2018 - 11:40 AM
Thx Fabrice. I was about to withdraw the post but found you cannot delete a Post.

Yes I just generated a page, sent it up to the server with the images and it worked just fine. It just generated a HTML page. DUH!!!!!

But I am not sure what you mean by the HTML property? Surely that is in Outlook and nothing to do with the actual page itself?

Or am I missing something obvious? Just want to get that HTML generated into an EMail but if not I have my own software in which I could do it.

Thx.
Posted on February, 21 2018 - 6:58 PM
Hi John

the problem is that you original question is everything but precise...

You said that you wanted to send an email via outlook, and I understood by programming in wlanguage... After all, this is what this forum is about.

So if that's the case, you need to use the ..html property of the email variable...

Now, if what you wanted is to send MANUALLY an email in outlook, then this has nothing to do with us, and you can forget that part of my answer.

Best regards
Posted on February, 22 2018 - 9:23 AM
Ouch that hurt! I thought my original post was pretty clear but probably got lost in translation.

I have a solution now and will use my own office system written in Wx.

I was really hoping that someone in the Forum might have done something similar which is what I thought was the idea of the Forum.

Not to worry I won't ever ask or reply to anything again unless it is 100% Wx related.
Posted on February, 22 2018 - 1:10 PM
Hi John,

that is not what I meant...

You can ask whatever you want here, but if you want a precise/useful answer, then you need a precise question..

So if you want to know how to do something in outlook by hand, make sure to explain that it's OUTSIDE the WX scope... This way you MAY have an answer related to your question and NOT on how to do something in windev to talk to outlook... :-)

That's all

Best regards