PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Support for NoSQL Database systems in WX
Support for NoSQL Database systems in WX
Started by Yogi Yang, Aug., 13 2018 8:55 AM - 5 replies
Posted on August, 13 2018 - 8:55 AM
Hello,

I am interested in knowing whether the latest version of WX support accessing NoSQL database like for example MongoDB for example.

I am asking this because I have a need to access MongoDB from my software which is developed in WD20.

TIA
Posted on August, 13 2018 - 11:58 AM
Hi,

in the PCSoft-Online help: searching for MongoDB, gives you this

https://doc.windev.com/en-US/index.awp…

regards, Heinz
Posted on August, 14 2018 - 6:01 AM
Thanks Heinz.

I really missed checking the online help of WinDev.

Actually I am hardly able to find anything on WinDev's online help using its search feature!

Regards,
Posted on August, 14 2018 - 1:43 PM
Hi

>>Actually I am hardly able to find anything on WinDev's online help using its search feature!

Agreed... which is why I always advise my customers to switch to the LOCAL help file, where you have 3 different ways of finding stuff, by name/keyword, by group of functions/chapters, or with a global search.

Best regards
Posted on August, 20 2018 - 7:12 AM
Hi Fabrice, Yogi

I'm still running WX22. I used to use local help - up until Version 22 - then there were all sorts of problems so I started using online help. Never had time to investigate if there was a fix for the local help.

Anyway - just want to mention that I don't use the Search feature in the online help - I just goggle it like "pcsoft windev <query>". Works pretty good as it brings up forum stuff as well as pcsoft document on whatever.

Regards,
Derek
Posted on August, 21 2018 - 7:35 AM
@Derek,

Thanks for the tip.

Actually I have been using this already but still the Help provided with WX20 is my preference.

TIA