PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Some web pages do not display in the HTML control
Some web pages do not display in the HTML control
Started by Simon Phillips, Aug., 12 2019 10:55 AM - 5 replies
Posted on August, 12 2019 - 10:55 AM
Hi all

I am new to WinDev and just trying it out, although from what I have seen so far, I will be moving over very shortly. I've only started on it a few days ago, so please bear with me if I seem a little stupid!

Anyway, I am stuck on one thing that I cannot find a solution to. I have a HTML control to which I am loading the result of a scanned QR code. The control greys out as though it is trying to load and right clicking and displaying the source shows it has downloaded, but there is no page displayed. However, if I send the www.windev.com url to it it does load properly. The page that doesn't want to know is www.trust.com/en/product/14591

I have loaded the HTML example and changed the code in the Click BTN_Display_Site as follows:-

//HTM_Site = "www.windev.com"
HTM_Site = "www.trust.com/en/product/14591"

The first option works when I switch the comments round but not the second.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Simon Phillips
Posted on August, 12 2019 - 1:00 PM
Posted on August, 12 2019 - 2:57 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I've tried that as well and also putting the full url into the HTML controls default and it does the same. Works fine when loaded into Firefox. Other web pages seem ok but there is something about this page it doesn't like.
Posted on August, 12 2019 - 3:29 PM
if you doubleclick on HTML control you can set options at DETAILS tab, maybe it helps to understand the problem.
good luck !
Posted on August, 12 2019 - 4:14 PM
Aha! My Details tab is greyed out on the html control? Maybe because I am using the Express version at the moment?
Posted on August, 12 2019 - 4:38 PM
My Details tab is greyed out on the html code! Maybe because I am using the Express edition at the moment?