PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Style sheets disappearing
Style sheets disappearing
Started by Paul Gruet, Jan., 22 2020 8:26 AM - 3 replies
Posted on January, 22 2020 - 8:26 AM
I am working on a large project with many user interface elements which are styled to our corporate look and feel.
This morning I have started Windev and noticed that all controls (of which there are many hundred) are now no longer associated with styles. The style I have created have disappeared from the style sheet ( apart from a couple created fairly early on in the project) If I try to recreate a style it does not persist if I close and reopen the project. I notice it no longer offers to check in the sty file. If I check the history of it in SCM it shows the last check in was 15th November (which is nonsense).
This is a disaster for us on a very late high pressure project. Does anyone have any idea as to how I can retrieve the style sheet? Or for that matter get it to save if I do make changes to regenerate all of the styles.

Thanks
Paul
Posted on January, 22 2020 - 10:25 AM
Hi, yes, that happened to me as well. It's not a fatal problem. There is a style sheet file like YourProjectName.sty in \My Projects\YourProctName and there are the various templates (with their style heets). All together will show the available styles of your project. They can be found in \My Projects\YourProjectName\Templates\WD\... If the YourProjectName.sty has disappeared the just replace it from a backup. Same goes for the templates of your project. WINDEV is a very modular system and will "find" the correct styles by itself again!
Posted on January, 22 2020 - 12:09 PM
Hi Guenter

SInce first posting I have looked into the problem further. The style sheets in the backups are all broken too so the problem has been there for sometime and I have not noticed, since the actual settings of the individual controls did not change.

It actually appears to be an SCM problem. The SCM history shows no changes to the .sty file since last November even though I have made regular changes. This is not the first strange behaviour we have had with SCM.

What I have noticed is that when I make an edit to the style sheet it no longer checks the .sty file in and out. So at some point the old .sty file in SCM overwrote the one on disk and I lost the styles. I notice WinDev has a separate button on the SCM tab to check to the style sheet in and out manually, so as long as I use this the styles stay. If I create a small standalone project it still checks the .sty file out and back in automatically when a style is edited

Best regards

Paul
Posted on January, 23 2020 - 8:02 AM
Hi Paul,

imho, this problem started with version 24, it's very new indeed. I really don't know the reason. Same goes with other things. The MDI flag of the project disappears from time to time. Technical support refuses to show the flag in the project description and therefore the project's RAD11 is no longer usable from that point on. I hope that your report to the technical support has more success!