PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV 2024 → Missing background of the windows's title bar in windows from external components (WD24)
Missing background of the windows's title bar in windows from external components (WD24)
Started by Jacek, Aug., 04 2020 2:31 PM - 1 reply
Posted on August, 04 2020 - 2:31 PM
Hello all,
I am having a problem with displaying windows from components.
The main window of the project is calling windows from various external components. These windows are displayed with title bar background missing. It looks ugly.
When the local to the project, window is called it is displayed properly.
The project skin template is Zune Style, same for all the windows in the project and the components.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?
Thanks in advance for suggestions
/Jacek
Posted on February, 15 2021 - 2:04 PM
Hi,
Looks like I'm writing for myself only. Style/templates are not very popular.

My experience with using windows from external components has progressed.
[1.] It looks like ticking the [Apply the theme of skin template... blah, blah] in project description > style, strips windows coming from components off their styles and leaves them naked (without any style at all) while not ticking the above allows them to keep their styles. It's acceptable (it always works like this) though not OK.
[2.] A call to a component1.window in the main project is triggered by a button. The first time I press the button I get the window displayed without style. The I close the ugly window, I press the button again and voila (excuse my French) the window is displayed in all its glory (I mean style).

Any ideas, please...
Should I drop using external components ?

All the best
/Jacek