PC SOFT

PROFESSIONAL NEWSGROUPS
WINDEVWEBDEV and WINDEV Mobile

Home → WINDEV Mobile 2024 → [WM] - Unicode nightmare
[WM] - Unicode nightmare
Started by Yogi Yang, Aug., 12 2019 6:25 AM - 4 replies
Posted on August, 12 2019 - 6:25 AM
Hello,

I have been using a web service created in PHP my SQLManagerX (PHP4WD 9.1.0.2.) from my Android for 2 years now. Everything is working. The server was using PHP 5.6.36 and MySQL 5.5.61-cll.

But his honey ended as soon as the server was update. Now on server there is updated to PHP 7.1.30 and MySQL 5.6.38.

After this update the web service is working without any error but all the Unicode contents are coming up as ?????? (questions marks).

Has anyone faced this problem?

Can someone give me directions as to how to solve this?

I also downloaded the Latest version PHP4WX 9.2.0.6 and tried with that alos.

But still the question marks are coming.

TIA

--
Yogi Yang
Registered member
498 messages
Popularité : +8 (8 votes)
Posted on August, 12 2019 - 5:52 PM
Hi Yogi Yang

What device are you using?

and maybe about this unicode problem could be solve using the function
UTF8ToString()

or try to convert the string you are having.

--
Best Regards
ARV
Posted on August, 12 2019 - 5:58 PM
It sounds to me like an encoding problem on your webservice side, remember that jump you made by upgrading the server its just too BIG. Before you do something like that you must always get your webservices and ALL your PHP code and test it against the new version you are planning to migrate too. is not just upgrading a server. I dont think the problem is on the windev side but on the PHP side (Just my Opinion)
Posted on August, 27 2019 - 7:38 AM
Hello,

May be you are right but if no UNICODE text is involved then everything works as expected. It is UNICODE only that is giving problems.

I also tried to contact the author (SQL ManagerX) of PHP4WX but have still not received any response from him.

TIA
Posted on August, 27 2019 - 8:47 AM
ARV wrote:
Hi Yogi Yang

What device are you using?

and maybe about this unicode problem could be solve using the function
UTF8ToString()

or try to convert the string you are having.

--
Best Regards
ARV

Hello Arv,

As I said in my initial post. I am using a web service called PHP4WD. Again this is working just great in older versions of PHP the problem starts when this service is moved to PHP 7.x. So I don't think the script is flawed nor do I think is the code in WM having having any problem because it works.

It seems the problem is somewhere else but I am not able to pin point it.

But still I will try out your suggestions.

TIA

Yogi Yang