FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WEBDEV 2024 → Deploying WEBDEV 24 Application Server and webservice
Deploying WEBDEV 24 Application Server and webservice
Iniciado por Colin, 06,jun. 2019 06:15 - 1 respuesta
Miembro registrado
13 mensajes
Publicado el 06,junio 2019 - 06:15
I'm trying to deploy my first WEBDEV REST web service.
I'v tested it locally, and it works as expected, so now I want to deploy it on the Windows Server 2012 DB/WWW server.

The Setup Wizard allows me to choose:
Create a setup by stand-alone physical media of Webservice
and it has the description:
Full setup containing the Webservice, the WEBDEV Application Server and a Web server.

Sounds ideal. Everything in one package. The error message at the end of my first install leads me to download and install the WAS (10 connection) installer from the PC-Soft download page and install it.

Now when i run Install.exe I get:
Failure extracting description of REST service. Check wheter the service contains at least one entry point and regenerate the service.
How do I resolve this?

--
Colin
Miembro registrado
18 mensajes
Popularité : +1 (1 vote)
Publicado el 19,junio 2019 - 04:17
Do you have previous versions of Webdev on the test server? I found issues with REST in particular with version 24's new remote deployment, until I uninstalled the prior versions.

I recommend using the remote deployment from WebDev. It used to be annoyingly buggy in prior versions, but seems to be pretty clean now that FTP has been removed from the equation.

Are you sure you have a REST entry point defined? Something like this, when you view one of your Rest Descriptions.

If you are really stuck and you want to eliminate the variable of your Webdev server setup, try using the pcsoft Test cloud servers to deploy first.