PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → [WD20] Switching a connection var from client/server to classis files and back to client/server
[WD20] Switching a connection var from client/server to classis files and back to client/server
Iniciado por Curtis, 21,jun. 2017 22:42 - 2 respuestas
Publicado el 21,junio 2017 - 22:42
I have a connection var that is defined in the project in it code. I use this connection var to successfully connect to my remote db. I can close the connection, modify the connection var to use local files and successfully connect to my local db. The problem is when I try to switch back to remote it's creating a new db somewhere. I can't find where the data is stored, but it's definitely stored somewhere. I get no errors when running the code. I can not understand why I can't reconnect to the remote db.

Here's my connection code. See anything suspect?:

ConnectRemoteDatabase() // Parameters of the database connection for 'Main' files in the analysis UserServer..Server = "myDbServer.com" UserServer..User = gsUserName UserServer..Password = gsPassword UserServer..Database = gsDatabase UserServer..Provider = hAccessHFClientServer UserServer..CryptMethod = hCryptNo UserServer..Compression = True UserServer..ExtendedInfo = "WD Connection Timeout = 8;" // Establish the connection IF NOT HOpenConnection(UserServer) THEN Error("Error opening user database.") RESULT False ELSE // Open and connect all files in the main folder Analysis IF NOT HChangeConnection("Main", UserServer) THEN Error("Error connecting to user database.") RESULT False END END RESULT True

DisconnectionCode() // This runs before ConnectRemoteDatabase() and ConnectLocalDatabase(). I have tried using either line or both. IF NOT HClose("*") THEN Trace("Error closing files") IF NOT HCloseConnection(UserServer) THEN Trace("Error closing connection")

ConnectLocalDatabase() UserServer..Server = "local data" UserServer..Provider = hAccessHF7 UserServer..Compression = True IF NOT HOpenConnection(UserServer) THEN Error(HErrorInfo()) ELSE // Open and connect Config file HChangeConnection("Main", UserServer) END
Publicado el 22,junio 2017 - 14:08
Hi Curtis,

you are doing a changeconnection to classic, but you are NOT doing a hchangedirectory to DEFINE where your files should be.

Just add a hchangedirectory to set the files where you want them and you'll be ok..

if you want to know WHERE they are without it, just do info(OneFoleName..Directory)

Best regards
Publicado el 22,junio 2017 - 16:35
HChangeDir(Main,"")
Thanks Fabrice!