PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio â†’ WINDEV 2024 â†’ I think PCSoft broke WB21 after releasing 22
I think PCSoft broke WB21 after releasing 22
Iniciado por Robert Willis, 22,oct. 2017 02:28 - 18 respuestas
Publicado el 22,octubre 2017 - 02:28
I have v22 installed and the keys were updated then. Now I'm trying to install WB21 on a laptop and the keys are not recognized and the setup will not extract the installation files. (64bits)
Publicado el 22,octubre 2017 - 13:44
Hi

Nope, all versions works just fine together...

You just have a dongle driver compatibility problem. There is a faq on the pcsoft web site about that problem. Basically, you need to download the latest drivers from the aladdin web site and install them.

Best regards
Publicado el 24,octubre 2017 - 17:49
my dongles are glitchy as hell...

first all worked fine..
then dongles would work with 21 64=bit, but ONLY 22 32-bit = so I installed 22 32-bit
and that was fine...
and then would only work with 21 and 22 in 32-bit - so I installed 21 32-bit
and that was fine...
and at some point 64-bit was once again ok for both 21 and 22
and then it wasn't
and then it was
and then... well, you can see the pattern... currently I'm sitting in a 64-bit is fine again

C!!!
Publicado el 26,octubre 2017 - 00:29
Fabrice

Thanks for the input, but I did install latest drivers, pulled the dongle and reattempted.

The dongles seem to work for already installed products but NOT a fresh install of V21. Tried different machine, including a machine already a V22 where the keys function just fine.
Publicado el 26,octubre 2017 - 00:38
BTW, if you search for dongle, the LATEST document is 4 years old.
Publicado el 26,octubre 2017 - 13:42
BTW, why would they change the information, when the problem has been the same for as long as Windev has existed (nearly 25 years) and the solution the same too?

If you have a dongle problem, it's coming from the driver. And when you say that you installed the latest drivers, you fail to indicate where you found them, which version you tried, and so on...

So, as it's clear that you KNOW what the problem is not, you also clearly won't have any problem finding what it is...

Best regards
Publicado el 26,octubre 2017 - 16:39
The real problem is that PCSoft decided to use dongle security in the first place.
Publicado el 27,octubre 2017 - 06:34
yep, stuck in the 80's. I only wish I had to get new dongles for Windows 8 and 10 from Microsoft. I wonder why Microsoft doesn't use this cutting edge tech for copy protection.
Publicado el 27,octubre 2017 - 07:37
Hi, Microsoft is actually using your PC as their "dongle". Each PC has a UUID (Universally Unique IDentifier). Therefore you will not be able to install a certain Windows copy using the same serial number on a second PC - except for PCs from well-known makers. The BIOS of those PCs contains the Windows' type (Home, Pro ..., 32/64-bit) and serial number! Means, if your Windows 10 computer breaks down and you decide to buy another one from another maker (e.g. a home-made PC) you will have to buy another copy of Windows 10 too!

In contrast, PC Soft allows you to install their products on as many computers as you wish and work with them - provided that your dongle is connected to that computer which you are actually using.
Publicado el 27,octubre 2017 - 17:04
- provided that your dongle is connected to that computer which you are actually using.

Unless your using remote desktop.
Publicado el 28,octubre 2017 - 13:43

The dongle still needs to be in the PC running Win/WebDev no matter if you are using remote desktop, teamvier , vnc or whatnot. :)

Unless PCSoft has come up with a Hard-lock server solution.

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Publicado el 29,octubre 2017 - 13:27
Hi

you are installing an older version (21), ie one coming with older dongle drivers on a brand new computer with the latest (ie much more recent) version of OS and there are compatibility issues... If you do not understand that problem, I'm not sure what I can do for you...

As to assigning responsibility, I couldn't care less...

I gave you THE solution I know have always been working for this kind of problems in order to try and help you... That's all.

You don't want to listen to me, it's ok... no skin of MY back.

Best regards
Publicado el 30,octubre 2017 - 16:15
Tor-Bjarne

The dongle still needs to be in the PC running Win/WebDev no matter if you are using remote desktop, teamvier , vnc or whatnot. :)

Did not work for me.
Publicado el 31,octubre 2017 - 08:44
Hi Curtis,

What did not work ?

Running Teamviewer against a PC with WinDev and dongle installed or installing the dongle?

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Publicado el 31,octubre 2017 - 15:34
If PC 1 has the dongle plugged in and I remote desktop into PC 1 from PC 2 WinDev won't open because of dongle protection. I even tried putting a dongle in PC 1 and PC 2, but as expected that also did not work.
Publicado el 31,octubre 2017 - 16:22
Curtis,

afaik Windev has to be started before using RDP. It cannot be started from within a RDP session.
I had a spare laptop once and set is up to autologon AND auto start Windev. From that point I could use RDP and use WD.
Not very usable if you ask me.
Publicado el 31,octubre 2017 - 18:47
I have never tried with RDP.
However, with any and all OTHER remote control toos I have used (teamviwer, anydesk, etc), I was ALWAYS able to start a windev (or webdev, or mobile) session on the remote computer (as long as that computer had its dongle in).

Best regards
Publicado el 01,noviembre 2017 - 00:12
Hi,

When you start your RDP sessions, have you unchecked Smartcards and ports (And other plug & play units) within local resources before starting your session?

Cheers
Tor-Bjarne
Publicado el 01,noviembre 2017 - 19:00
Hello to you all,

RDP starting windev does not work. It is a feature in the Hasp dongle which prevents it.
Because enabling it would start multiple session of WD on one dongle.