PC SOFT

FOROS PROFESIONALES
WINDEVWEBDEV y WINDEV Mobile

Inicio → WINDEV 2024 → Line numbers when printing
Line numbers when printing
Iniciado por John Fligg, 19,ene. 2018 13:10 - 3 respuestas
Publicado el 19,enero 2018 - 13:10
Over 2 years ago I asked PCSoft if they could provide a way to print line numbers when printing code. They said it was a great idea and would add it to the next version. Ex 20 and 21 have now gone and I don't have 22.

Does anyone know of a way to print line numbers when printing code please as it is so frustrating not having them.
Publicado el 21,enero 2018 - 07:08
Hi John,

Not directly I don't, however would one work-a-round be to put all of the data for the report into a table. You could then add in row numbers to the table & print the report based on your table?
Publicado el 21,enero 2018 - 07:59
Hello John

I am intrigued as to why you would want to print the code ?
The only thing I can think of that might be of some help would be to use the "Annotate" or drawing functions in the report writer to highlight code in the printout.

In terms of the screen code display you can display line numbers on screen with CtrlShiftG and you can jump to code lines with CtrlG even if the line numbers aren't displayed.

Regards
Al
Publicado el 21,enero 2018 - 11:39
1. To store a physical copy "just in case"
2. It is often easier on long complex code to see it printed out so you can make notes and follow a particular path through.

The thing that maddens me is that PCSoft said it was a good idea and promised to add it in to the NEXT version. I'm still waiting while other silly stuff like Watch support is added.

Oh well, sadly just another reason to NEVER trust anything PCSoft promise. Shame when they have the best products around.

End of rant!