PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WEBDEV 2024 → Turkish character display problem
Turkish character display problem
Débuté par Aybars Morali, 10 avr. 2008 10:53 - 1 réponse
Posté le 10 avril 2008 - 10:53
Hi all,

I am developing a multilingual website with AWP. Languages are Turkish&English. I put a combobox showing languages and whenever it changes language parameter of the links change. And the initialization code of the project checks the pageparameter lang and sets the nation and charset. Nation(nationEnglish), Nation(nationTurkish) and changeCharset(charsetTurkish)

But I have an annoying problem:
In the editing window, for example address is written in Turkish in an edit control, of course containing Turkish characters (ç,ğ,ı,ö,ş,ü and uppercases). When edit button is pressed it performs some checks in server code. If fails returns to the page and shows an error dialog. This way, all the Turkish characters stay same, no problem. But if the checks don't fail, then it adds to database strange characters instead of Turkish characters.
In order to be sure I put another button, it just has the code "Info(EDT_Name)" in server code.
This way result is worse, the page is refreshed and dialog is showed, then the Turkish characters leave their place to their strange friends.

Ok, using multi languages is quite easy in WebDev but how can I correctly use Turkish characters?
Should I use UTF-8?, another charset?
Should I not use these nation and charset stuff in project initialization?
(if you didn't understand what I tried to say, you can test it. go to search for posts page, and search with some turkish characters "ıçğşiü", when you search, in the new page chars are changed)

Aybars The Desperate AWP Developer :)
Posté le 14 avril 2008 - 16:15
Come on, hasn't anybody used a different charset?

Aybars The Desperate AWP Developer (: