PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WEBDEV 2024 → web server does not start
web server does not start
Débuté par chrisdaems, 25 aoû. 2008 09:38 - Aucune réponse
Posté le 25 août 2008 - 09:38
I know this question has been asked many times, but I'm not able to configure a webserver in order to work with webdev 12. On my workstation is Vista home premium and IIS 7 installed. All options as described in the online help are enabled and IIS 7 is configured according the documentation.

Every time I use the “Run project” option (CTRL+F9) within Webdev or the test option from the WD120Admin the web server is trying to start for about 30 sec and ends with a message “No active Web server detected by the administrator. Check in IIS Manager whether the 'default Web Site' is currently run”.

There is one difference in the final result:

From within webdev “Run Project”:
If I cancel the previous message, a webbrowser with the requested page is showing up and I can browse through the site.

From the test option in WD120Admin:
another message with Configuration of '' site incorrect for projectpath value. ('0017, ERR_BAD_CONFIG”).
I have checked the registry and the projectpath is set correctly

Does anybody has an idea how to troubleshoot this error further on. I have read almost every post (even the french post) and it seems that many people are fighting with a proper setup. There is probably an answer posted already but I can't find it.

I also tried Apache but again no success.

Kind regards,
Chris