PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WEBDEV 2024 → Cost of buying webdev
Cost of buying webdev
Débuté par Alberto, 30 aoû. 2008 10:44 - 2 réponses
Posté le 30 août 2008 - 10:44
Greetings to all, a litte off topic question:

If I want to buy web dev, do I need to buy also the application server in a development environment?...

Thanks a lot
Posté le 30 août 2008 - 20:59
Hi Alberto,
Webdev comes in 2 different products: Development and deployment (application server). If you want to create Webdev dynamic sites, you'll need both.

The development product is installed on your development machine and contains a local application server only used to 'run' your sites in the development process.

Once your site is ready, you have to install it on your Windows server where the Webdev application server is also installed in conjunction with an Internet Service (IIS or Apache).

The development product and the production application server CANNOT be installed on the same machine, so you cannot use your development machine as the production web server, but the product comes with a limited 10 connexions application server that you can use on a test Windows server if you want.

I'm talking here about pure dynamic Webdev sites. For PHP or AWP sites, I have no experience...

Hope this helps,
Christian

Alberto a écrit dans le message de news <6f989d7c78db2bb579cd7e05aa884b39@news.pcsoft> :
Greetings to all, a litte off topic question:

If I want to buy web dev, do I need to buy also the application server in a development environment?...

Thanks a lot
Posté le 02 septembre 2008 - 08:59
Thanks Christian...very useful the information that you gave me.

Best Regards

Alberto