PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WEBDEV 2024 → PHP trying to reach port 8025
PHP trying to reach port 8025
Débuté par Paulino Rosemberg, 29 oct. 2020 00:12 - 6 réponses
Posté le 29 octobre 2020 - 00:12
On a Webdev (64 bits) PHP project I am getting this error message when running the project

http://localhost:8025/PQUOTE_WEB/UK/index.php

I couldn't find any conf file in the project and most likely I am missing something in the project description

Help would be appreciated.

Paul
Posté le 29 octobre 2020 - 20:47
OK, I need some directions.

As I'd mentioned before none of the examples or little projects I am developing in PHP are working.

On my main PC I have IIS listening to port 80 and apache (wamp) listening to port 81 (I've tested localhost and they both work)

I'd installed PCSOFT as 64 bits.

Now on another PC I've installed wamp and the 32 bits version of PCSOFT products. and the examples work!

So I need to know:

Is this because I installed the 32 bit versions or because I don't have IIS running on the 2nd PC.

Can I uninstall the PCSOFT 64 bit versions on the other PC (if this is the reason for PHP not working) and install 32 bit versions.

If it is because Webdev is only using port 80 then I should uninstall IIS on the other PC.

Lastly, is it possible to "move" both licenses to the Windev dongle so I don't have to use 2 USV ports?

I didn't get any answers on my previous post so hopefully I'll get some guidance now...
Membre enregistré
14 messages
Posté le 29 octobre 2020 - 21:00
Update.

I installed on a second PC the 32 bits version of PCSOFT.
Also installed WAMP (default using port 80). IIS is not running on this PC
PHP worked out of the box, no problems.

So I do have questions.

On the other PC I have the 64 bit version only. I have IIS running (listening to port 80) and I had to change some conf files in the WAMP installation to have Apache to listen to port 81. I can confirm that port 80 is IIS and 81 is Wampserver.

So was the behavior on the first PC caused by a 64 bit installation or because IIS was listening to port 80?

Can I uninstall the 64 bit versions on the main PC and reinstall the 32 version of the PCSOFT suite?

Can I move the webdev license to the windev dongle so that I can use just the windev dongle.

I know that this site is community driven. I do appreciate some guidance...

--
Paul Rosemberg
Posté le 29 octobre 2020 - 22:51
In no particular order...

Webdev works with ANY web server engine installed, as long as it is configured correctly. But it's EITHER IIS OR APACHE. it is NOT a case of BELT AND SUSPENDER at the same time.

In my experience, Webdev is better at configuring automatically IIS than apache, as there are many flavors of apache, and especially if we start talking about packages like wamp. So I prefer to work with IIS, but that is just me.

Now, PHP... You have chosen the least powerful and most cumbersome of all the webdev possible modes. It is also the LEAST used as many options are not available in that mode, and as it does not add ANY value to the mix.

The only argument coming around for it is that the result can be used on a free server. If that is your reason, and your customers can not pay for a 60€/year basic webdev hosting, then you should change customers.

So I use awp mode if full SEO is needed and classic/protected mode otherwise, NEVER PHP. as a result, I cannot answer questions about PHP configuration. And as not many people are using that mode, there wont be a lot of answers about it.

I NEVER install the 64 bits version of the tools, as once again, many options are NOT available in that mode (see the help for a list), so I cannot answer about that. I advise that you use the 32 bits versions. And yes, of course, you can uninstall 6 and install 32.

You cannot move licence from one dungle to another. What you should do is plug all your dungles in a cheapo usb2 hub and move that around, using only one usb port on your pc.

I installed on a second PC the 32 bits version of PCSOFT.
Also installed WAMP (default using port 80). IIS is not running on this PC
PHP worked out of the box, no problems.

So I do have questions.

On the other PC I have the 64 bit version only. I have IIS running (listening to port 80) and I had to change some conf files in the WAMP installation to have Apache to listen to port 81. I can confirm that port 80 is IIS and 81 is Wampserver.

So was the behavior on the first PC caused by a 64 bit installation or because IIS was listening to port 80?

Can I uninstall the 64 bit versions on the main PC and reinstall the 32 version of the PCSOFT suite?

Can I move the webdev license to the windev dongle so that I can use just the windev dongle.

I know that this site is community driven. I do appreciate some guidance...

--
Paul Rosemberg
Posté le 30 octobre 2020 - 14:27
Thank you.

I am learning the hard way.

Now, you did not answer all my questions on uninstalling 64 bits and installing the 32/64 bits on my main PC. Can it be done without losing any work and will the little work I managed to do be lost or will it "convert seamlessly" to 32 bits?

PHP has the curl package that lets you send a request to a site, query its database and a 'submit' command then you can read and process the result. I could not find an equivalent in Webdev. I am learning the HTTPRequest family of commands. Are you aware of an option that I can have the same functionality within PCSoft?

Thanks for your help.
Posté le 31 octobre 2020 - 14:49
> Now, you did not answer all my questions on uninstalling 64 bits and installing the 32/64 bits on my main PC. Can it be done without losing any work and will the little work I managed to do be lost or will it "convert seamlessly" to 32 bits?

Your project is NOT a 64 or 32 bits project... it is a project. Only the EDITOR is in 64 or 32 bits.
Uninstalling the editor as NO relationship with existing projects... What you are asking is akin to uninstalling word and losing all your docx files in the process. This will no more happen with webdev than with word.

PHP has the curl package that lets you send a request to a site, query its database and a 'submit' command then you can read and process the result. I could not find an equivalent in Webdev. I am learning the HTTPRequest family of commands. Are you aware of an option that I can have the same functionality within PCSoft?

I suggest that when you ask a question, you detail what you want to achieve and NOT refer to what this or that other language does, as by doing so, you are reducing the answers to the only people who have knowledge of both systems.

Sending a request to a site is done with httpxxx functions. Reading the result is with httpgetresult

Reading and processing the results, in my experience, is dependent on the precise type of result and there is no GENERIC method to do so... the result could be plain text, xml, json, name/value pairs, binary... and clearly, each one should be processed differently. So I do not understand the second part of that question.

> Thanks for your help.
Posté le 25 novembre 2020 - 13:09
ForPhenomenal Confluence of Technology and Education A 360° Digital Learning Platform, checkout <a href="https://evidya.in/">eVidya</a>