WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WEBDEV 2024 → Adding groupware to the project
Adding groupware to the project
Débuté par marin, 09 fév. 2021 10:31 - 1 réponse
Membre enregistré
27 messages
Posté le 09 février 2021 - 10:31
Hi to all,

I am trying to add a groupware to a webdev project. The idea is to access to login via saved data in tables (column customers) which database is connected to project, connector is OLE DB SQL Server.

I tried automatic groupware and can make new users, but I want to use existing data for login. What is the best way to do so?

The project is located on server and connected thru SCM, HFSQL Client/Server.
Posté le 30 mai 2021 - 11:05
Hi well it depenends on what you want.

1Use the groupware and All readymade features
2Make it your self and add your own features

Groupware has seperate db for users could be considered a good thing. But groupware has a lot of features you may not need.

iI you want per user or usergroup specific acces to certain parts of your project the groupware might be interesting as this is all included out of the box ==> even to control level . This is cool. If you have a new customar==> add it to a group and restrictions etc are in order right away.
I nowdays do not use it as I think it is a bit overhead for my taste. I kind of make my own lite version of the groupware.

Making it yourself
Add everything you want to the customer object => username and email address ( for password reccovery ) You can add a password field or not if so you can encript for additional security or even add e specific db ( as the groupware does ) all choises you have to make so I will not go into that

So If customer has all that is needed to be a user then giving acces with login etc is super easy.

make a login screen
Add username and paswor fields
Add a button for login and recovery of password if you want that functionality

In the button add code to check if user and password do exist => if so open a startpage else give a fault message
Remember if you need specifia acces you would prob need some kind of user profile ==> rules and rights
This however is not really a big deal to make yourself Probably easier to make this yourself then to learn how the groupware works ( as you do need to know this if you want to be able to make changes to it )