PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV (précédentes versions) → File Management in WinDev
File Management in WinDev
Débuté par Yogi Yang, 24 mar. 2012 23:04 - 5 réponses
Posté le 24 mars 2012 - 23:04
While working on a project I observed that WinDev seems to put all its files in one single folder and it also seems to generate a lot of files.

I also observed that it generates many folders like 'ANA00001', 'ANA00002', etc. whenever we make changes to Analysis.

Is there any way by which we can get WinDev to delete all the unwanted files or all the files that are auto generated?

When developing in VB I generally use following folder structure
ProjectFolder
|-Forms (stores all forms/windows)
|-Classes (as the name suggests it stores all classes)
|-Modules
|-Data (stores data when the software is single user)
|-Reports (stores all Reports)
|-Styles (stores all styles)

How can I achieve this same thing in WinDev?

I tried putting all data files in Data folder under Project folder but then after we compile the EXE and copy it to another PC the EXE will not run and will throw error.

Can someone please guide me here?

Regards,

Yogi Yang
Posté le 26 mars 2012 - 11:47
Hi,
I´m used to have a datadir in my programs (MS FoxPro) to separate data from programs and reports.

A simple way in WinDEV or WebDEV is to use in the :
Initialization of the Window/Page
HChangeDir(<Filename>, <cDataPath>)

To get sure that there is the directory at runtime, I combine it with FDirectoryExist()

If FDirectoryExist(<cDataPath>)=True Then
HChangeDir(<Filename>, <cDataPath>)
ELSE
INFO("No data dir found")
END

This is a simple way and it works fine.

But: My Analysis-desciption-files are in the EXE-directory.

Bertrand
Posté le 27 mars 2012 - 18:06
What are these 'ANA00001', 'ANA00002', etc. folders created for?

Can't we prevent them from creation?
Posté le 28 mars 2012 - 16:06
Hy,
these folders are backups of the analysis(descriptions etc).
If you have to work with an older version, you can get it back from these directories.

To use a data directory is as simple as it is with other development-tools.
For bigger programs I separate allways the data-directory from the program-directory.
But look! Where do you have the analysis description files and where do you have the data? I often use 2 directories (1 for development, 1 for realtime data).
When updating the analysis after changing please look to the options!

In my first efforts I did not realized all the differences of the options and wondered, why some data did not work as I expected.

Have some fun with it.
Bertrand
Posté le 29 mars 2012 - 10:54
Thanks for hints.

I will look into it.
Membre enregistré
1 message
Posté le 26 avril 2012 - 23:59
I recommend you to take a look at this file management software. You can set up your own file server for managing and sharing files through web browser. It's like DropBox but self-hosted so that you can keep all your confidential files on your own server. The web based UI looks and feels like Windows 7 Explorer. It offers features that are not possible with a FTP server such as zipping files, downloading multiple files and folders in single download etc. It's also easier to set up and administrate than a FTP server.
http://www.gleamtech.com/products/filevista/web-file-manager