We are having performance issue with the software we created using Windev 11.
Our system is deployed on multiple versions of Windows, depending on our customers' computers, using file sharing on HF Classic databases.
When our customers had Windows XP, we didnt have much issue.
Since the release of Windows 7 and Windows 8, they are calling us over and over again regarding performance related issue on their computer getting access to the software through file sharing over a network drive. (Client/node/workstation, whatever you'd like to call it). A good example I could give you is : On Windows XP, to get access to the history of parts sold between 2010 and 2015 for our customers, we have the info instantly on the main computer, it could take between 10 to 20 seconds to get the info on the screen for the other workstations. As of Windows 7, the speed is still optimal on the main computer, but the time literally doubled on the other workstations and some customers can wait for up to 2-3 minutes and of course, they are not really impressed because they thought upgrading their computers with a recent OS with SSD's and 1Gbit/s NICs it would run smoother, but now it is worse than ever.
I wonder if any of you had this kind of issue before... We are out of solutions and most developers we talked to came to the conclusion that it might be something that changed with TCP/SMB between Windows XP and 7, but WHAT exactly, we don't know. We tried to switch from SMB2 to SMB1, disabling many things using netsh commands on DOS, disabling oplocks, still no luck.