PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → code 128 barcode
code 128 barcode
Débuté par Holger, 06 avr. 2004 06:53 - 6 réponses
Posté le 06 avril 2004 - 06:53
Has any one had problems printing a code128 barcode? I was wanting to print a 22 digit barcode using subset C. Noticed first of all that windev 7.5 does not allow me to select which subset to use. Windev automatically selects it for you. Printed the barcode. The Start patten of the barcode indicates that windev selected subset C (good) but I could not get the scanner to read the barcode. On investigation I suspect the checksum was caculated incorrectly.
Holger
Posté le 06 avril 2004 - 07:55
One of the features of WD8 is that it now prints code128 barcodes...

Has any one had problems printing a code128 barcode? I was wanting to print a 22 digit barcode using subset C. Noticed first of all that windev 7.5 does not allow me to select which subset to use. Windev automatically selects it for you. Printed the barcode. The Start patten of the barcode indicates that windev selected subset C (good) but I could not get the scanner to read the barcode. On investigation I suspect the checksum was caculated incorrectly.
Holger
Posté le 06 avril 2004 - 08:59
One of the features of WD8 is that it now prints code128 barcodes...

Yes. I was using that feature. I suspect for code128 subset C Windev does not calculate the checksum correctly.
Holger
Posté le 06 avril 2004 - 11:07
>One of the features of WD8 is that it now prints code128 barcodes...

Hi Gill,
WinDev 7 did always support Code 128. The improved behaviour in WinDev 8 is related to EAN128.
Best regards
Raimund

http://www.invitec.com
Posté le 06 avril 2004 - 11:50
Holger

Hello Holger,
WinDev support Code 128 since version 5.5. We use barcodes with Code 128 intensely. The following isn't based on the WinDev docs, it's only my experience:
a) if there are at least 2 numeric tuples in your data WinDev 8 switch temporary to Code C (it switchs back if there is only one numeric tupel or an alphanumerical value)
b) if there is a value smaller than 32 WinDev switchs to Code A
c) otherwise WinDev use Code B
You can test this by placing 4 barcode (with same width) and selecting Code 128 for them.
Use the following values for a test:
a) "123456789"
b) "ABCDEFGHI"
c) Charact(14) + "12345678"
d) Charact(14) + "ABCDEFGH"
The result of this test will be two barcodes (a + c) with thick lines and two barcodes (b + d) with fine lines.
The barcode with a) contains in reality (only data without switch commands) 5 characters (4 from Code C and one from Code A). Barcode b) contains 9 characters from Code B. The value with c) contains one character from Code A and 4 from Code C. The data with d) contains one character from Code A and 8 from Code B.
All these examples are readable.
HTH Raimund

Posté le 06 avril 2004 - 11:52
The barcode with a) contains in reality (only data without switch commands) 5 characters (4 from Code C and one from Code A). Barcode b) contains 9 characters from Code B. The value with c) contains one character from Code A and 4 from Code C. The data with d) contains one character from Code A and 8 from Code B.
All these examples are readable.
HTH Raimund

Should be
The barcode with a) contains in reality (only data without switch commands) 5 characters (4 from Code C and one from Code B). Barcode b) contains 9 characters from Code B. The value with c) contains one character from Code A and 4 from Code C. The data with d) contains one character from Code A and 8 from Code B.

Posté le 06 avril 2004 - 13:20
Thanks Raimund,
Your python experience is showing through.
I didn't realize that Windev was switching between subcodes. My purposes really requires windev to stay in subcode C that codes pairs of digets. IF there is no way to force windev to stick with the one subcode its not a disaster for me I can use alternate means.
Thanks again for your help.
Holger