PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Shortcuts main menu
Shortcuts main menu
Débuté par Bart Van der Elst, 06 aoû. 2004 12:27 - 7 réponses
Posté le 06 août 2004 - 12:27
Hello,
I have a parent window with a main menu. Each main-option in the menu is also accessible via the keyboard shortcut ALT+LetterWithUnderscore.
When i'm in a child window opened in the parent window, the shortcuts from the main menu don't seem to work. In Windev75 all went fine, but in Windev8 it doesn't work anymore.
Anyone suggestions ? Thanks in Advance
Bart
Posté le 06 août 2004 - 19:13
Hello,
I have a parent window with a main menu. Each main-option in the menu is also accessible via the keyboard shortcut ALT+LetterWithUnderscore.
When i'm in a child window opened in the parent window, the shortcuts from the main menu don't seem to work. In Windev75 all went fine, but in Windev8 it doesn't work anymore.
Anyone suggestions ? Thanks in Advance
Bart

You probably already know this, but I will repeat it here for our lurkers. The window with focus gets the ALT+LetterWithUnderscore keyboard commands.
Lets say on the Main Menu you have "File" and the shortcut is Alt+F (this is the standard Windows menu item that contains &Print Settings and &Exit). Lets say you create a form and then open it using OpenChild(SomeForm). On that page you have a field that starts with an "F" and the shortcut for that is also ALT+F. One has to receive the ALT+F shortcut command, and it cannot be both.
Therefore, the window with focus gets the command. You can see this when you click on the Main Menu's header bar, giving it focus, and then use the ALT+F shortcut command.
Even though WD lets you use shortcut commands like CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F10, most folks are used to a simple ALT+ A thru Z. Since you can have multiple windows open at once, and you only have a limited number of USABLE shortcut options.
Maybe there is still an option to set it to the way you want, but I don't know it. Might submit a question to PCS tech support if no one here knows.
Art
Posté le 06 août 2004 - 23:36
Hi,
I have a parent window with a main menu. Each main-option in the menu is also
accessible via the keyboard shortcut ALT+LetterWithUnderscore.
When i'm in a child window opened in the parent window, the shortcuts from the
main menu don't seem to work. In Windev75 all went fine, but in Windev8 it
doesn't work anymore.

Did a try, seems to be working OK at first sight.
So the problem is maybe somewhere else?
--
Peter
Posté le 07 août 2004 - 02:32
Hi,
When i'm in a child window opened in the parent window, the shortcuts from the
main menu don't seem to work. In Windev75 all went fine, but in Windev8 it
doesn't work anymore.

--
Peter

Peter,
What did you "try"? I created a main menu with &File and &Person. ALT+F called the drop down for Print and Exit. From person did OpenChild(PersonForm), then tried the ALT+F. Nothing.
Are you saying ALT+F in this situation will call the File dropdown? If so, there must be some setting somewhere that changes this behavior. Any idea?
Art
Posté le 07 août 2004 - 12:49
Hi Art,
When i'm in a child window opened in the parent window, the shortcuts from
the main menu don't seem to work. In Windev75 all went fine, but in Windev8
it doesn't work anymore.

What did you "try"? I created a main menu with &File and &Person. ALT+F

called the drop down for Print and Exit. From person did
OpenChild(PersonForm), then tried the ALT+F. Nothing.
Are you saying ALT+F in this situation will call the File dropdown? If so,
there must be some setting somewhere that changes this behavior. Any idea?

Yes (the 'try' i did was with a change of the 'multi window example')
I changed some settings and it was indeed not working anymore ??
The setting 'Display XP-look menu' (styles) seems to be the 'on-off' switch !
Strange ...
--
Peter
Posté le 08 août 2004 - 11:35
Hi Peter,
So what you are saying is that if you don't use the XP style stuff you can access a short cut on a non-focused window?
Thanks for the clarification,
Art
Posté le 08 août 2004 - 21:48
Hi Art,
So what you are saying is that if you don't use the XP style stuff you can access
a short cut on a non-focused window?

Sorry, not explained very good, it is the other way around. You have to check the 'Display XP-look menu'.
--
Peter
Posté le 18 août 2004 - 13:58
Hi Art,
So what you are saying is that if you don't use the XP style stuff you can access
a short cut on a non-focused window?
Sorry, not explained very good, it is the other way around. You have to check the 'Display XP-look menu'.

--
Peter

Hi everybody,
Sorry for my late reply on this topic but is was in holiday...
I've tried what said here above. In the parent window i have checked the option "Display XP-look menu" and everything works good. If it isn't checked, the shortcuts don't work...
Thanks everybody for the help.
Bart