PC SOFT

FORUMS PROFESSIONNELS
WINDEVWEBDEV et WINDEV Mobile

Accueil → WINDEV 2024 → Re: MMO files in general
Re: MMO files in general
Débuté par M. Beaven, 09 juil. 2003 05:48 - Aucune réponse
Posté le 09 juillet 2003 - 05:48
Gerard,
Thanks for the information regarding .mmo files. This information will be very helpful for those
of us preparing to employ large applications. Can you offer any tips or advice for the use of fic
files to perform the role of .mmo files?
Regards,
Marc
We are working with Windev since 4.1
Memo files in general are a week item in the chain. When we were programing in Clipper the same problem occured there. I asume that memo files which are large text files with unique refs are a problem with other dbase programs as well.
As Francky said, slow networks wil cause damage to the mmo files. Normally you where able to repair them with the program Wdchkmmo.exe. However some time ago i read on this forum that this did not work anymore on 7.0 and 7.5. When i check the map from 7.5 i am indeed not able to find the program.
However it is not only slow networks, also high network use or multiple servers will cause the problem. I think the cause is long time-outs. I have an example company who operates worldwide. Every day when the USA comes on line the problem occurs.
As space is not realy an issue anymore you can make up your own mmo file in FIC format.
Hope this will give you enough info
regards Gerard